Pregnant after IF

Enough with the questions!

No more hiding this baby bump/blump. Now that I'm openly prego with triplets, I'm getting the same questions over and over! Strangers overhearing my conversations butt in to ask these questions!
Did you do in-vitro?
Did you have fertility treatment?
Were you trying to get pregnant?
What are you going to do about (insert subject- car, work, house, etc)?

Anyone else getting annoyed with questions? Share! I know some of you have some snarky responses I could use too ;)

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

Re: Enough with the questions!

• I am not showing yet with twins, I'm still in a "blump" stage but I already have my snarkiness picked out.
    We've had people we know ask what side twins run in, we just say "neither, we are just double blessed" and that seems to work. If they ask further questions, we either change the subject or if we feel like we can open up to them, we tell them our journey.
    If someone we don't know is rude enough to ask if it was through ivf, my response will be "First, tell me what position your parents were in when they conceived you. Had they been drinking? Were you an 'oops' baby?" I think that'll shut people up. I also plan to rub someone's belly who rubs mine without permission.
    What we get a lot is "do you know you'll need two of everything? Two cribs, two car seats, two of everything!" Sometimes, I act surprised and tell them "maybe we'll just give one away, we didn't realize we'd need two of everything!"

I know most people aren't trying to be rude or realize how personal some of those questions are. But after a while, I'm sure it'll get obnoxious!
  • If someone asks, "we're you trying to get pregnant," I think your answer should be, "no, we have no idea how this happened! Any ideas what might have caused it?" People just suck. A lot.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Loading the player...
  • @marnief haha I will def use that!

@MrsBwIVF I was ranting to a friend who has identical twins. She is tired of questions too. Before going out to a restaurant, she prepped her girls- so when five people asked if they are twins (separate occasions during one dinner) the little girls shouted "that's my cousin!". (They are mirror images)
    I can't wait to use this!!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• People are dumb and rude! Jeez. I am preggo with a singleton, but huge, so people keep asking if I'm having twins, and when I say no, they ask if I'm sure. When I say yes, they say, well, maybe it still could be twins. Dumb. Generally, I deal with questions by cutting them off before they can ask more. I list the answers out on my fingers, and this helps them realize I've been asked all of this a million times. I just go through the list of all answers after they ask their first or second: "I'm due in October. It's a boy. It's not twins. I'm sure. I got all of the tests. I will deliver in a hospital. I will try for natural childbirth, but I'll probably take all of the drugs. I have a doctor, not a midwife. I'll work as long as I'm comfortable and it's safe."