Birthday Parties

Birthday questions

My child was invited to a classmate's birthday party.  It is a joint birthday party for him, his older brother and another boy, I'm guessing a friend.  Do I bring a present for each kid or only the one I know?  (I don't know the family very well, like I said, they are classmates).

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a good present for a 3 year old boy?

Re: Birthday questions

• Hello,
    I suggest maybe calling the parent and asking what the boys like so that you have an idea of what to purchase. I wouldn't go above and beyond for the 2 older boys that I didn't know. Maybe cards with some money or a toy store gift card, action figure...things of that sort. I'd put a price cap at my own discretion. For the child I do know, I'd make more of an effort as that is who my child is going to the party for. Maybe an educational toy, or if there's a theme like TMNJ I might get him something from that line or a book or dvd (I watched the Ninja Turtles movies a bazillion times when I was 3...that and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker). Anyhoo, I hope that helps. But don't go to crazy or stress yourself.
  • If it were me I would just get the two older boys something small and a better present for the child thats in class with your son.
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21