July 2015 Moms

Due date Question

so I had PCOS before getting pregnant, last summer I finally got my periods regular and was tracking my ovulation on an App on my phone.

Well I realized in November I was pregnant! When it came time for my doc appointment I was so used to saying "I don't know when my last period was" so they went off of my ultrasound measurements for my due date.

Well I JUST remember today that I had that damn app and I DO know when my last period was!

Dating from my last period (Oct 20th) my due date should be July 17th.. BUT from my early ultrasound measurements they have my date at August 12th (because they didn't know my last period)

so my questions are
which is more accurate?
When I go to my appointment Thursday do you think they will take this into consideration?

The only thing I'm concerned about is my baby being in too long.. I know some need to be induced for reasons such as the baby having a BM in there.

Re: Due date Question

• Ultrasound, you could have ovulated at a totally different time than when your app guesses. That is nearly a months difference it would have shown on the ultrasound.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• What PP said. The dating ultrasound is more accurate.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I know the ovulation could be off but it's the date of my last period that I'm wondering if that matters? I just know that's the first thing they ask for when going into your first appointment.
  • Honestly at this point I would say the scan. It's rare for a baby to measure 4 weeks behind so maybe you ovulated later or you have a big baby. Either way he'll come when he/she is ready.
  • The date of my last period was Oct 13th and I am due July 20th. My dating ultrasound shows a due date of July 22nd. I have learned that an ultrasound between 10 and 12 weeks is the most accurate and since I had to have one at 7 then 12 weeks and both said 7/22, that is what I am going with.
  • The scan. My due date according no to my last period was suppose to be at the end of July. But according to the scans my due date is 8-12 as well but I'm having twins so they are taking me on July 30th at 38 weeks.
  • You most definetly could have been ovulating past your last period date. A lot of women don't remember their last period and go by the dating ultrasound as that is the most accurate. They most definetly would have noticed if the baby was measuring a month ahead . I knew my last period date exactly but they chose to go with dating ultrasound anyways and it was a 10 day difference, but regardless baby will come when he or she is ready to come!! :)
  • Thanks everyone!