Trouble TTC
Options

Ovidrel Round 2

Hi all!

I had my first Ovidrel injection, followed by timed intercourse 15 days ago, and like clockwork, 14 DPO, I got my period today. Of course I was hoping for a BFP this first cycle, but realistically, I'm actually looking at this as the silver lining, since I have PCOS, and this is the first period I've had since September 2014, when I stopped taking the Pill. At least I know I'm capable of ovulating, even though its with extra help! 

I spoke with my RE's nurse this morning, and this cycle I'll again be doing the exact same plan of 7.5 mg of Letrozole starting CD3, with an ultrasound on CD11, and then hopefully another Ovidrel injection (provided I have some mature follies on US). 

My question is, has anyone else done multiple rounds of Ovidrel before achieving a BFP? I know usually its recommended only doing 3 cycles before moving onto something more aggressive, and I'm really hoping not to to have to move to the big guns! (IUI or IVF). 

Re: Ovidrel Round 2

• Options
    I did 3 rounds of Letrozole and Ovidrel and it didn't work, but we now know there were bigger issues (abnormality in uterus and severe endometriosis). Now that that's fixed, we're going back to the same (and decided to add IUI). I've heard of a number of people for whom this worked though. It's hard to be patient when you're going through so much but hang in there! It's definitely doing something for you, and if it doesn't end up working, ask them to figure out why it isn't. Best of luck on your next cycle!
  • Options
    Hi all!

I had my first Ovidrel injection, followed by timed intercourse 15 days ago, and like clockwork, 14 DPO, I got my period today. Of course I was hoping for a BFP this first cycle, but realistically, I'm actually looking at this as the silver lining, since I have PCOS, and this is the first period I've had since September 2014, when I stopped taking the Pill. At least I know I'm capable of ovulating, even though its with extra help! 

I spoke with my RE's nurse this morning, and this cycle I'll again be doing the exact same plan of 7.5 mg of Letrozole starting CD3, with an ultrasound on CD11, and then hopefully another Ovidrel injection (provided I have some mature follies on US). 

My question is, has anyone else done multiple rounds of Ovidrel before achieving a BFP? I know usually its recommended only doing 3 cycles before moving onto something more aggressive, and I'm really hoping not to to have to move to the big guns! (IUI or IVF). 
    Im in the same boat!!!
    in my 2ww from round 1 of Letrozole and Ovidrel! i had two follies behind one that was past maturity. praying for BFP :)
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck. Doctors usually say three rounds but my insurance covers six, so I am go it for all six. Why not if insurance covers it, right!?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @ BlissfulWifey--GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    @ BlissfulWifey--GOOD LUCK!!!
    Thanks love!
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)