Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pregnancy symptoms after miscarrage

Two weeks ago we discoverd there was no heartbeat and one week ago I had a d&c. I still have food aversions and nausea just as I did when I was pregnant. Is it normal to continue to have some lingering symptoms after a d&c and miscarrage?

Re: Pregnancy symptoms after miscarrage

• Options
    I would imagine that you could still have symptoms as your hcg levels decrease, since you still have the hormones in your system.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    It is normal and depends on where your betas were at when you had your D&C and how fast are they dropping. Is your doctor having you do follow-up beta blood tests to track your fall?

Some women also find it comforting to take a cheapie $-store HPT every few days to watch the line fade. It definitely helped me realize my lingering symptoms were not all in my head, KWIM?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been told that they will do any follow up blood work but I don't see my doctor for a follow up for another week. I also feel very hormonal, like Supersized PMS (lol). I'm sure it's all related. I've heard it takes a few weeks for all the pregancy hormones go away.