C-sections

Less pain after staples are out?

gmk1784gmk1784 member
edited July 2015 in C-sections
I had a c-section last Wednesday and they closed my incision with staples, which I'll get out this Wednesday. Will some of the pain go away when they come out?

I know it was major surgery but I'm hoping the staple removal will give me some pain relief

Re: Less pain after staples are out?

• I didn't find the pain was staple related, just basic incision/major surgery healing related, so I'd say it really will get better as you heal and won't necessarily be staple related except for the fact that the staples are coming out because you are healing.
  • I felt so much better when my staples came out.  I felt like I could actually stand up straight.  I don't think the pain was any less though, just my personal comfort level.  With my first c-section I didn't have any staples or stitches - they just cauterized and used steri-tape - so my 2nd was a completely new experience for me.  (Different doctors, different procedures for closure I guess).
  • Loading the player...
  • nirenire member
    I've had 3 sections, 2 I had staples and I def felt better after the staple were out. Hope you do too!
  • NatjuneNatjune member
    edited July 2015
    For me, yes! Less pain. With the staples in, it felt like certain movements would pull and pinch. After the staples were removed, not as much pinching.
  • Thanks ladies! I got my staples out two days ago and I can already tell a difference. The pain when I move is much less now