Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

The sleep fight

My lo is 15 weeks. She recently started fighting naps during the day and seems extra fussy at night. She has been a great sleeper up until now. I've also noticed she seems much more gassy and have chalked a lot of the night time fussiness to that. But the napping fight is completely without reason and frustrating. We all know how fun a cranky tired baby can be. I feel as if I spend a lot of my day just trying to get her to rest a bit.

Anyone else? Tips and tricks?

Re: The sleep fight

• Options

This sounds SO very familiar and lots of us have been through it. Naps suck. Period. Every single baby on this earth fights naps and I don't believe anyone who says their baby doesn't!

From what I've experienced and been told, as babies get older, more active and more aware, sleep gets all sorts of messed up. I used to get frustrated when my first child wouldn't nap, or would wake up after 20 minutes but with my second child, I have come to realize this is completely normal and all I can do is watch for tired cues, make sure the room is conducive to sleep and hope for the best. If she wakes up after 20 minutes I get her out of bed and try again later.

Yes, it totally sucks and it's the most frustrating thing ever but it's normal and it's just one of the things that makes babies such hard work. It will pass believe it or not.

• Options
    What is so frustrating is she naps at her daycare everyday. Her daycare lady gets a 1-2 nap from her in a 6 hour period. I've tried the techniques she uses but they DO NOT work at home. All I get is a hysterical baby who can barely breath. Sigh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom and the sitter have always been able to get my kids to take super long naps but they don't do the same at home. That's pretty common too. I'm sorry it sucks.