Trying to Get Pregnant

Won't be disappointed, but excited! (HELPPP)

shelbsss0323shelbsss0323 member
edited July 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello, all! Okay, so I had my period June 22-26. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on July 2nd. I believe I was ovulating(for me it's always between the 12th-14th day I believe), I keep pretty good track of the different types of normal discharge I get. It was stretchy and clear. Well, he uses the "pull out method." But this time he actually accidentally ejaculated some inside of me. It oozed out for a few hours that day. And when I felt to see if it was just on the outside or inside it went pretty deep.(sorry if TMI) Anyways, yesterday around 11am we woke up and had sex. Keep in mind now, I've been noticing my boobs are sorta swollen and tender and I'm getting a little bit of off and on pain behind my nipples. Also in the car I get very nauseaus. Anyhow, when we were having sex we noticed a thick white creamy discharge? No odor to it. It was quite a bit. I don't wanna sound like it's all in my head. But have any of you experienced this thick white discharge in really early pregnancy? I've been wanting a baby we just haven't tried for it. We've been waiting until we're financially stable. Any opinions or suggestions? Advice? I can't take a pregnancy test because it's too early. Just unsure of actual first symptoms.
-thanks

Re: Won't be disappointed, but excited! (HELPPP)

• Loading the player...
  • Okay and I apologize. Just nowhere else to post to get answers...
  • Thank you. Nowhere on the Internet will give you answers. The only way to know is to test. Symptom spotting will only drive you insane.
  • The first symptom of pregnancy is a positive test. PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same. It is against the TOU to ask us if we think you could be pregnant.
  • Okay I'm just wondering if any of yall have had the white thick creamy discharge ?? That's all I'm asking .
  • K&ElizabethK&Elizabeth member
    edited July 2015
    This is a trying to get pregnant board. Logic would say that the majority of women here are trying to get pregnant and therefore don't know if creamy discharge was a sign a pregnancy because they are not pregnant yet. I'm really not trying to be snarky. Just trying to give you a frame of reference for your audience here.Boards like the bmb or the trimester groups are more likely to be able to answer a question about pregnancy.

Eta: walking the line
  • Okay I'm just wondering if any of yall have had the white thick creamy discharge ?? That's all I'm asking .

Yes, sometimes. Cervical mucus can be creamy. I get it both early in my follicular phase and late in my luteal phase. I've never been pregnant.

A test is the only way you'll know, and you'll get an answer much faster than posting this question on a message board. Lurk around other threads, and I promise you'll learn a lot!

Did you get off during sex? Because most people have arousal fluid during sex that can be white in color.

Also, you are barely far enough along to have implantation completed and making hcg.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

Even if we did a) it doesn't mean anything for you b) I've had discharge like you describe right before I ovulate & before my period. C) not everyone here has experience being pregnant.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discharge is common in infertile phases in your cycle (eg outside your fertile window). No cervical fluid can tell you if you're pregnant or not

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Cervical-fluid-and-pregnancy.html

I would also suggest using the fertility awareness method (FAM) if you're using the pull out method to know your "safe" days. Look at the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". When you decide to try to conceive this method will help you as well
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

That's like saying, "I know I'm not supposed to symptom-spot, but what about this symptom I spotted?" Don't do this. Someone else's experience won't have any bearing on your own, not to mention, this is the TRYING to get pregnant boards, i.e., not pregnant yet. We don't know. You can only really tell if something was a pregnancy symptom in hindsight.

You're just going to have to wait until you can take a test. There is no symptom that is a definite sign you are pregnant.

Also, if you're not ready for parenthood yet, you need to look into another method of birth control besides the "pull-out method." If you're not pregnant now, you'll probably be in this exact same position in a couple of months, wondering if you could be pregnant. The FAM method listed above is good, but that leaves over a week where you can't have sex. You need to go to your doctor or head over to Planned Parenthood and find the birth control method right for you. Unfortunately, as a woman, birth control is usually left up to us. Be responsible and use something. It's not that expensive and it's certainly less expensive than a baby. Okay, nagging over. Good luck to you.

• Most people have covered it, but I'd like to reiterate a few things:

1. It's likely too early to even tell if you are pregnant, but pregnant enough for symptom=positive pregnancy test. Just do it. They aren't expensive.

2. If you are not financially ready for a baby, why are you having unprotected sex? Birth control of various types are also not very expensive. Way cheaper than a baby!

3. As for the discharge, any time I had this type of discharge during/after sex, it meant the sex was particularly good, not that I was pregnant.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• aaliyahsilasaaliyahsilas member
    edited July 2015
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. I wanted to say that this is one of the first discussions I've read and more than 90% of you all came off rude. She just wanted to know about her discharge. And someone at the top said people wouldn't know if it was a pregnant discharge because this is a trying to conceive thing. People can be on their 2nd, 3rd, whatever child and trying to conceive again. As for hcg and symptoms; my mother had symptoms of pregnancy at 4 weeks and didn't test positive till week 8. So you can feel symptoms and test negative. As for the actual discussion, I get the same discharge before I ovulate and after. I didn't always have it like that so it was alarming for me too at first. The only way to know is to test until you get a + or period girly! And don't let others discourage you!

Uh. Yes...I believe the vast majority of women have had creamy discharge. How does this help you?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Hello, I'm new to this forum. I wanted to say that this is one of the first discussions I've read and more than 90% of you all came off rude.

I've only been here 3 weeks and this is actually one of the nicest ways I've seen this type of question handled. Usually it's WAAAAAAY worse. Like, really mean GIF-party all-out flame-fest worse.

Or maybe I'm just acclimatizing. Who knows?
    edited July 2015
    I never dictated how people should respond and I never said majority of people haven't had a child. I did say that their are people on here that have and can answer her question. I was not rude, I simply stated the truth. And nor did I say she could go against guidelines either.
  • I never dictated how people should respond and I never said majority of people haven't had a child. I did say that their are people on here that have and can answer her question. I was not rude, I simply stated the truth.

But people did answer OP's question. You just didn't like their answers.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• It's not that I didn't like the answers. I just didn't like the way in which they said them. I try and help soldiers here on base. And while I've done that, I've learned that it's all in the way you speak to someone. She just wanted help
  • I never dictated how people should respond and I never said majority of people haven't had a child. I did say that their are people on here that have and can answer her question. I was not rude, I simply stated the truth. And nor did I say she could go against guidelines either.

Yikes, if that's your version of the "truth", then I'm afraid of what your other interpretations of "truth" are... Hey, there's a gal over on one of the BMBs who thinks that gender and sex are the exact same thing and that's her opinion and she's stickin' to it! She likes your kind of truth... You guys should hook up and start your own private board where you discuss all sorts of "truths"!!
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

edited July 2015
    I honestly don't care what you all say with regards to me. I stated my case and I don't feel any different about it just because some people are trying to cyber bully me. I grew up a long time ago. Have a great day! :)
  • You can get pregnancy symptoms without a positive. For crying out loud I have! I just didn't want to bring that up because I had a miscarriage that I'm still trying to get over. So it's not false hope. I don't know where you guys get your facts from but talk to your doctors. And I'm not trying to be mean there I'm trying to be truthful. You don't know pregnancy till you go through it yourself. And everyone is different.
  • Everyone is different. Yes. We are all special snowflakes. However. Science is the same for everyone. .... I'd post a gif, but the STUPID TEXT BOX is not letting me and is being a total crap today.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Look I'm leaving this app because this isn't helpful at all. But one thing I'd like to say before I go since you all will most likely be talking about me is that you all are mothers trying to conceive. Women who want children. Putting someone else down for your own get up is ridiculous. Would you want someone treating your child like that? I don't think anyone should go against rules. I also don't think that telling someone that they should go talk to someone who thinks "gender and sex" are the same thing either just because their opinion is different than yours. And everyone using meme's to dis me/cyber bully me isn't adult like either. Like I said you all are trying to be mothers. Act like it. And just so you all know, cyber bulling is illegal. Now just because you might be rude and or dislike me doesn't mean I wish the same to any of you. So good luck in your trying to conceive.