1st Trimester

Embryo implanted high in uterus

Went for first u/s today. Hcg is at1743 my first hcg on 6/26 was 22 so the numbers are going up as anticipated but the sac is located high in the upper left of my uterus near tube. I go back again on Thursday. My Dr says that he is concerned if the sac continues to grow toward the tube and/or top of the uterus. Had anyone experienced anything like this? If so I would appreciate your feedback. DH and I have had 1 mc and failed IVF..this was a miracle conception naturally. Praying for positive news.

Re: Embryo implanted high in uterus

• I think it's called an angular pregnancy. Your doctor is doing the right thing by waiting. My friend was diagnosed with one a few years ago. But at a later ultrasound the sac had moved to a central position.

Hoping the same happens for you. Take care.
  • Hi I wondered how things worked out? I just had early ultrasound at 6 wks, thought it was 7 wks so dr said it was too early to tell for sure, but embryo is up in the corner and they said it could be angular. Going back next Friday to do another US and they said it may move into more central position so I should just wait and see but it's going to be a long week..
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi I wondered how things worked out? I just had early ultrasound at 6 wks, thought it was 7 wks so dr said it was too early to tell for sure, but embryo is up in the corner and they said it could be angular. Going back next Friday to do another US and they said it may move into more central position so I should just wait and see but it's going to be a long week..
    This is a very old post, and the OP hasn't been on in almost a year. I doubt you'll get a response from her.