December 2015 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 7/6

Re: Monday Bitchfest 7/6

• Options
    fmraglio said:

I used to go to Starbucks everyday but tried to avoid caffeine completely during the first trimester because I've always been very sensitive to it. I've gone in a couple of times here and there but not daily. Today I went in to order a tea that I've been craving since I saw someone with one at the fireworks this weekend and my favorite batista was there. They weren't busy so we started talking and she asked where I've been lately so I told her the good news that I'm pregnant thinking she'd be happy for me, especially since her own baby is due next month. Instead of her being excited I got a FREAKING LECTURE about how green tea blocks the absorption of folates and how she shouldn't even be making it for me because I should know better than to be drinking something that could harm my baby.

I was so mad I wanted to take my tip out of the jar, but I grabbed my drink when it was done and just left. PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND I'M NOT GOING THERE ANYMORE.

I want to break her face for you.
    Gotta love unsolicited advice from a (pretty much) stranger!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fmraglio said:

I used to go to Starbucks everyday but tried to avoid caffeine completely during the first trimester because I've always been very sensitive to it. I've gone in a couple of times here and there but not daily. Today I went in to order a tea that I've been craving since I saw someone with one at the fireworks this weekend and my favorite batista was there. They weren't busy so we started talking and she asked where I've been lately so I told her the good news that I'm pregnant thinking she'd be happy for me, especially since her own baby is due next month. Instead of her being excited I got a FREAKING LECTURE about how green tea blocks the absorption of folates and how she shouldn't even be making it for me because I should know better than to be drinking something that could harm my baby.

I was so mad I wanted to take my tip out of the jar, but I grabbed my drink when it was done and just left. PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND I'M NOT GOING THERE ANYMORE.

That sucks! It makes you feel any better, I read today in the news that Starbucks is upping their prices this week.
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    Boy am I bitchy today. DirectTV told me that Fame was on at 9 pm. I just spent 25 damn minutes watching some movie that is NOT Fame while wondering wtf was going on for all of the sudden the tv guide to change what it said was on!
    I was really excited to watch it too.
  • Options
    I am hot as the sun and it is hella miserable. Ice packs and fans only go so far.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ripped my scrub pants today... I only have two pairs. I went to get my other pair and they too were coming apart at the seams so I had to hurry and sew them so I could get to work. I was late, forgot breakfast, and didn't have time to make me a lunch. So now I need new pants and they aren't very cheap. Also husband made a promise that he'd for the most part quit drinking during my pregnancy unless it was a holiday or special occasion to save money and just be more healthy. He just HAD to buy beer tonight even though he got to drink all Saturday. Alcoholism runs in his family and it worries me because I could see it happening to him and that is the only thing that I think could ever break up our marriage. I just feel so hormonal today. Ughhhhh
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 Are you serious?! They're already so expensive. Husband used to get so mad that I even had a Starbucks envelope for our budget lol Guess I'll be making my own drinks at home after baby comes!
  • Options
    fmraglio said:

@BostonBaby1 Are you serious?! They're already so expensive. Husband used to get so mad that I even had a Starbucks envelope for our budget lol Guess I'll be making my own drinks at home after baby comes!

Sadly, yes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/starbucks-raises-prices-despite-declining-coffee-costs-1436205612
  • Options
    Sorry, I just realized that if you don't subscribe to the Wall Street Journal then you cannot read the article.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/102806654
  • Options
    MMB721 said:

Hi,
    I'm new here and I have a Monday rant. Why is it that people I know who have kids always say to me, "are you sure you are ready for this?" It makes me want to freak out on them. What do you mean!? Am I sure!? What I want to say it this: I am a 29 year old woman who has been married for 9yrs. I just graduated with a law degree and this WAS a planned pregnancy. Yes, I am sure that this IS what I want and I am as ready as any first time mother can be. What do they expect me to say? "Yes, you are right. Let me go back out of this before its too late."

I'm sorry to laugh… That would be very frustrating! But it is sort of funny considering the circumstances.
  • Options
    taysun said:

I also need to complain about people who eat dinner after 8 pm!!!! I eat dinner with BFs grandparents 3 to 4 nights a week (BF works nights) and dinner is almost never ready until 8 pm. Everyone else, BF, his grandpa, and myself, has commented on the time to his grandmother who refuses to let anyone else cook and said we like to eat earlier. I sometimes just end up making my own but she gets mad then! I can't win!

Edited because I got ahead of myself when typing

Oohhhh I feel ya on this one. Hubs and I love hanging out with our friends (younger than us) and they don't eat til 8-9...I just can't do that!!! We eat between 5-6...7 at the LATEST and by latest, I mean aliens came down, tried to take over the world and we just got finished fending them off :( I take a snack with me and eat it...when asked I answer honestly. I don't eat as late as you so I need to eat something now.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I forgot my hubby's dinner on the counter instead of putting it in the fridge like I always do. Needless to say he wasn't to happy when he got home. (I made chicken so it gets bad after a certain amount of time) He was super cranky after that but it's fine I'm just carrying your child around with me everywhere I go and God forbid I forget something. Which is a common occurrence. I really do feel awful and started crying over it. I'm pregnant give me a break!! Please
  • Options
    reware said:

First off, @BostonBaby1 's depo-provera comment just won the internet. Now that I'm going thru this process, I'm shocked by how often this same thought crosses my mind about irresponsible moms.

My bitch isn't really one, because I'm on a perma-high these days so nothing is getting to me (thx hormones!)

But here's a kind suggestion that anyone starting new threads not name it things like: "am I the only one?" Or "anyone else?" Or "is it just me?"

I completely get it, but try to include a subject word in your title from now on so dummies like me can keep up with you girls ;)

Yes I agree! :)
  • Options
    adbrading said:

Okay so when someone asks me "how have you been feeling?" (Usually a coworker) and I reply with "tired" or "my back hurts" or whatever the hell else I say, please don't say "oh just wait until..." or "this is nothing wait till the baby actually gets here" or "wait until your third trimester" I EFFING KNOW! YOU asked ME to tell you how I'm feeling. I know I am incredibly blessed. I know things will get worse. That does not make what I am feeling any better. Blahh!

Honestly, I'm just sick of that being the first (and sometimes only) question people ask me. How am I feeling? Well I'm currently upright, so it's a good day!
  • Options
    WHYS IT SO HOT
    I CANT SLEEP
    That is all
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @holly1811 I feel the exact same way. I'm sure all is well with our LO's but it's still nerve wrecking to the extreme! We haven't announced publicly yet because I'm a worry wart. Only close family/ friends know.

On another note, I wish I could sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night because I'm STARVING and then it takes forever to get back to sleep. And it's hot. And I could very easily eat pizza for every meal but I was like that before I got knocked up. I also have a toddler to feed and baby in my belly so alas, I'll eat something with substance.

Edited to add that I'm also hanging out of all of my bras. Like when you bend over & have to adjust yourself because your jugs are huge and the bra cannot contain them anymore. And I'm not buying new ones until my milk comes in because I feel like it's a waste of money. So I guess I'll be in sports bras at home!
  • Options
    holly1811 said:
    When people harp on about how excited i must be for my 20 weeks scan to finally find out if im having a boy or girl..... um no im actually pretty nervous and anxious! the scan is pretty in depth, and could possible point out any serious problems with my baby! Sorry to be a downer but i cant say it to them so i will have to rant here :) i literally do think people think you go in just for the reason to find out what sex baby is.
    Exact same boat here. I'm getting my scan done at the high risk clinic at the children's hospital nearby, which is pretty high tech. There's a risk of finding the beginning of cleft lip/palate in my 20 week scan, so I'm nervous about that because I personally have no experience around a child with it or the related issues. When people ask, I just usually say "I'm excited to find out they're growing and healthy. The sex is just the cherry on top."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @koala1107 some people are hateful and thrive on drama. I'm sorry you're dealing with someone being so hurtful and creating unnecessary waves.
  • Options
    I know it's not Monday... But I need somewhere to rant!.... I was supposed to have a doctor appointment Thursday to Meet my obgyn for the FIRST time because my last appointment he couldn't make so I had to see a nurse practitioner instead... Fine and dandy... But now they called today and said "hi we are just calling to confirm your appointment for Wednesday at noon" .... Um... WHAT?! So I politely explained that I thought it was Thursday at 9... She says hold on and talks to any other woman then comes back on the phone and says that they rescheduled my appointment... my doctor can only make it tomorrow at noon... WHY AM I LEARNING THIS THE DAY BEFORE !!! Okay not like I had to take time off of work or anything... Not like I'm halfway through my pregnancy and haven't met the doctor that's going to deliver my baby... I'm freaking out that he won't be able to make it when I'm in labor!!! Ugh...
  • Options
    I saw it, it's actually pretty funny and nowhere near as raunchy as the first one. I'd see it with my MIL if that helps.
  • Options
    This isn't a bitchfest so much as a "dude, what the flip?"

Baby has been kicking up a storm the past ten minutes and striking ONE spot at the front of my uterus. Like, SO could feel it with his hand on that spot. It hurts like a mofo.
    ...damn soccer player genes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    holly1811 said:
    When people harp on about how excited i must be for my 20 weeks scan to finally find out if im having a boy or girl..... um no im actually pretty nervous and anxious! the scan is pretty in depth, and could possible point out any serious problems with my baby! Sorry to be a downer but i cant say it to them so i will have to rant here :) i literally do think people think you go in just for the reason to find out what sex baby is.
    Exact same boat here. I'm getting my scan done at the high risk clinic at the children's hospital nearby, which is pretty high tech. There's a risk of finding the beginning of cleft lip/palate in my 20 week scan, so I'm nervous about that because I personally have no experience around a child with it or the related issues. When people ask, I just usually say "I'm excited to find out they're growing and healthy. The sex is just the cherry on top."

Ladies, I totally understand. I had to have mine today and I'm only 16 weeks and 5 days or 17 weeks and 4 days ( yeah you can already see how fun this became for us) and the whole time the tech was doing the scan I just like couldn't breathe. The doctor had called this morning saying that there may have been spine issues ( why would you tell me that over the phone?!) and that I may need an amnio (which to me means the scary giant needle in my belly, but I'd do it for baby). Thankfully, baby looks great. But we had to have the early scan because with the confusion over my due date, the blood test that went with my initial NT Scan may have given a false positive on my little guy's spine. I wish you both great scans with healthy little people, but I had to share because I totally get where you are coming from. 
  • Options
    koala1107 said:
    I know it's Tuesday but my bitch is that one of my husband's good friends wife felt the need to tell people that I've been drinking while pregnant. Um no. I had ONE SIP of my husband's craft beer on the Fourth of July. One mouthful! I just wanted to taste it and I'm fully confident that it did no harm as it couldn't have possibly raised my blood alcohol level in the slightest but now I'm so embarrassed that she would think that and spread it around to my husband's parents! I've been extremely paranoid this pregnancy after my last loss and would never do anything that I believed could harm my baby! Makes me so upset that someone could think I would do otherwise.

Bless your heart for being so sweet and venting about it on the bump and not using your raised hormone levels as an excuse to severely hurt her. No seriously, I think I would have flipped my ish. Have you spoken to her? Or have you spoken to DH to speak to his bestie to check his wife. Like I get that she was "concerned" (allegedly), but she should have spoken to your DH, if anything. She really ran and told your mommy? I hope you "lose" her baby shower invite in the mail... okay maybe I'm being dramatic, but dude, she was totally out of line and I am really sorry you had to deal with that, especially during such a happy delicate time in your life. I'm sure you will give birth to happy and healthy little one. Please give her no more of your time and energy. Focus on food and naps, and all the other prego perks. Hope this at least made you giggle :) 
  • Options
    @Chelsea575 Whoa, I'm sorry that is happening to you. If you can, 86 him and get a new doc. That is totally unprofessional and rude. Unless he was in labor every time he missed an appointment or had like another emergency of some sort, just canceling and rescheduling appointments without notice is not okay. Do what works for you though. I hope this situation works out for you or you find a better and more attentive doc. 
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    @chelsea575 the rescheduling and not telling you is just ridiculous. Sorry for that. But, doctors don't really do anything at the birth if it's vaginal. They catch, check the baby, and hand it to a nurse :) you could prob give birth on your own without anyone's help! No worries.
  • Options
    So I was going with my mom and cousin to meet up with my sister to pick out shoes for them for my wedding. We took the train, and I was surprised by how rude some people were. Like usually it isn't a shocker or anything, but this woman sat and literally STARED at my bump like  $-) $-) $-) $-) and then proceeds to cough all in my personal space. Like bro.... just NO. I couldn't ever let another woman that was pregnant not have my seat, unless I was like injured or something. It just bothered me that she was like staring and never thought to offer me a seat and neither did any of the men.... People are weird...There are also stickers on the train that say give up seats to pregnant women, elderly and people with disabilities. My mom laughed at my facial expressions as I watched this idiot stare at me and then cough up a lung. 

The funniest part is that I'm not even upset. I'm just annoyed and my hormones left me inspired to want to kick this woman. Okay I am done now. Thanks ladies
  • Options
    acoe85acoe85 member

I have two and am so happy someone started this today!

1. I'm upset/jealous. My doctor doesn't like doing too many ultrasounds and I understand why (we still don't know how safe they are and blah blah blah). Well now I hate that I found out so early because I only have 8 & 9 week ultrasounds. They don't even look like a baby is in there. Just a white blob. I go for the anatomy scan in two weeks, so he doesn't want to do any in the meantime. Whatever. I'm just jealous of those of you with full on baby photos and not alien blobs.

2. My sister in law (whom I don't always see eye-to-eye with but overall I do like) just emailed my mother in law and me because she bought tickets to a game in January as Christmas presents for my husband and their dad (she's also going). Ok, no problem. But instead of "hey, about to buy these tickets...is this date a problem for anyone?" She just bought them and then informed us ONLY so we keep the date open. I was actually hoping we had something already planned so she'd learn how marriages and communication work, but it's open. Whatever. Also would've liked at least the courtesy of an invite, but ya know...

I feel ya!! I had some bleeding at 5 weeks and had a scan (nothing but gestational sac at that point) and a scan at 7 weeks (looks like a nerd-like the candy). We won't have another US until MID AUGUST at 20 weeks!!!

Also, it's 3:40am and I am attempting to sleep on the couch because DH is snoring so loud, but I can hear him ALL THE WAY IN THE LIVING ROOM! :-L