December 2015 Moms
Options

18 weeks and still not showing

Hi everyone, I am currently 18 w 4 d and still not really showing... I was even told at a party today that I don't look pregnant at all. It's also not helping that I haven't felt the baby move yet. Everything looked fine at my last ultrasound at 11 weeks and I don't have my next one until next week. This is my first pregnancy. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Re: 18 weeks and still not showing

• Options
    tesarytesary member
    I didn't show with my first until after 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Hey girl, I wouldn't worry about it. I am currently 18 weeks and not showing at all. My mom told me that she didn't really start showing until she was 6 months pregnant. I also haven't felt the baby move yet, but my doctor told me most don't until 20 weeks or more. So were in the same boat! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is baby #2 for me and I'm still not showing at 18w3d. I do feel her move from time to time, maybe once a day, but never at the same time of day and sometimes only one kick. You'll feel the baby soon!!
  • Options
    21 weeks, still wearing all my normal clothes, and showing only ever so slightly. Had my 20 week appointment last Monday and everything is perfectly fine. It's completely normal for your first pregnancy not to start really showing until somewhere between 20-25 weeks!
  • Options
    susiaustinsusiaustin member
    edited July 2015
    I officially am mad at everyone who isn't showing yet. All kidding aside it could be a lot worst, I'm a FTM but I've had 3 surgeries for endometriosis so my abdominal muscles have been cut so many times :( I haven't fit in "normal" cloths since about 5 weeks. I had to tell my job pretty early 1- because me going to the doctor was weird and 2- because I was already getting a bump(at 6 weeks). at 19w2d I look like I'm already 7-8 months and have stretch marks or as my sister calls them tiger stripped badges of motherhood. While it's obvious I'm pregnant and I know I can see it and after a loss that is HUGE my electric bill has doubled because I'm freezing the house out every night in order to sleep, my poor back is completely on overload, I'm klutzy and uncoordinated from the belly, and I'm not even 1/2 way there yet. I have a long (and because of the endometriosis painful) journey.

Please enjoy having things that fits or is comfortable for a little longer, I know you want your cute bump, silly me did too but now I'm wishing I wasn't showing so much, in the summer.

Edited because I sounded like a pregnant brat
  • Options
    I'm only 14w5d and I've had a tiny bump since about 10 weeks. This is my first pregnancy and my clothes got super uncomfortable really fast but that might have something to do with the fact that I wore pretty tight clothing before the pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'm 17w3d and I'm not showing yet either plus this is my first pregnancy
  • Options
    I hear that with FTM it's harder to feel the baby becasue it's so subtle that we don't really know what we are looking for. I am petite, carrying twins, am almost 17 weeks and still don't feel them! I've been telling myself that this is the only time in their life when they are totally private and a mystery so I'm trying to let them have it :)
  • Options
    skcaulderskcaulder member
    edited July 2015
    I'm petite and 15 weeks and haven't gained anything. If people didn't know already they would have no clue I was pregnant. I'm even still able to sleep on my stomach. I want the bump too but I'm hoping this means I won't get enormous and be miserable at the end. My husband keeps saying to stop complaining or I'm going to wake up huge one day haha.
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy, I didn't start to show until I was 19 weeks and that was a small bump. I got a larger bump at 24 weeks, but never had a big bump since I delivered at 35 weeks and my son was small. I also didn't feel DS move until 19 weeks.

This pregnancy has been completely different all around. I started popping at 12 weeks and really started showing at 16 weeks. 15 week 3 days is when I felt the first flutters. Now I am feeling the little one quite often, particularly when DS or my MIL are talking.
  • Options
    dp1320dp1320 member
    I'm a few weeks behind you (15 weeks) but I was able to button up my pants this morning... some days I feel like I look really pregnant and others I feel like not at all. In about a month there won't be any hiding it, don't worry!
  • Options
    18.6 here and no bump. My doctor is not concerned, and said my back and legs may appreciate it in the long run. Also, I did already have the anatomy scan and they said that I have an anterior placenta, which could be one reason I haven't felt anything yet.

The bumps (both kinds!) will come :) (Or at least so I've been told...)
    "Good for her! Not for me." - Amy Poehler

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    rmj28rmj28 member
    19w today and I just wanted to say I'm jealous you don't feel like a whale! It's norm not to be showing or feeling the baby yet - so don't stress, mama!
  • Options
    With my first I didn't show until I was into the sixth month. It depends on your body type. If you have tight abs it will take longer.
  • Options
    nelliejean24nelliejean24 member
    edited July 2015
    Im 15 weeks and have felt nothing at all or am not really showing at all! Hopefully soon!! I know we all want that bump. But if everything is fine we should be happy we still fit in our clothes lol cause soon well be huge!
  • Options
    17 weeks today and not showing yet.
  • Options
    17weeks and 3days not showing at all. A few of my close friend are getting impatient but heck i cant help if im showing or not. My Doctor said im healthy baby healthy i figure i'll show when i show.
  • Options
    I'm 18w4d and not showing. I keep saying the baby is having a hard time breaking through my abs of steel
  • Options
    I barely started showing at 20 weeks with my first.  This time around I looked visibly pregnant at about 11-12 weeks.  I've been out of my regular clothes for several weeks now.   
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me:34      DH:41      1 son: 6       2 step sons: 18, 12

BFP: 4/24/08 - Missed Miscarriage found 5/29/08

BFP: 11/21/08 - DS born 7/13/09

BFP:5/8/14  - Chemical pregnancy

BFP: 4/11/15....stick baby stick!!!

• Options
    With my first I didn't show until I was into the sixth month. It depends on your body type. If you have tight abs it will take longer.
    Since alot of you ladiesw didnt show to later was the baby relatively smaller? Like under 7lbs?
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and I started showing at 5-6 weeks but this is my 5th baby, the first I didn't really start showing until later. I wouldn't worry, in a few weeks when your belly pops out you will wonder what was I thinking
  • Options
    @Knottie67744546 I didn't show for a good while with my first. It all depends on how big you are when you start out & how long it takes for your belly to stretch out. I started showing around 12 weeks with this one when it actually started being bump instead of bloat because as a STM my body already knows the places to stretch. My girl was 8lb 13oz. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a little baby because you aren't showing yet. :)