Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly check-in 7/5

How was your week?

QOTW: How did, or are you, celebrating Independence Day?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly check-in 7/5

• Options
    I took a day off work this week to get a bunch of random crap done. This included a haircut at a new place, which absolutely BUTCHERED my thick curly hair. Seriously, I could go on and on and on. The bottom line is that the hairdresser didn't listen and gave me a mullet with bangs. I haven't had bangs since mullets were in style and definitely didn't ask for them. I wrote the owner a very livid letter with my normal before and after haircut pictures, plus pics of my new do. I haven't heard back yet, but plan on posting the pics and a horrid review on their facebook page if I don't hear back by the end of the day Monday

What was the other question? Too busy fuming and ranting about the haircut.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Oh @mattandlora I am so sorry. I have thick curly hair also. Had to tell a girl to quit cutting one time bc she was not cutting my hair right and ended up cutting most my hair off. I feel for you.

My week was so so. I think I've been pooped on more with DD4 this week than I ever have with the other 3 girls. I am beginning to think her tummy doesn't agree with peaches and pears.

We did a few little fireworks outside last night then watched our neighbors. They had one of those big 8/9 count ones fall over and shoot into their garage where they were sitting and come just feet from us. It was hairy for a few mins. But all turned out well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's horrible @mattandlora. I must say I have been the victim of the mullet + bangs treatment as a teenager.

The things moms do for their kids! @mandyreads

My week was better. DS seems to maybe, slowly be emerging from his latest growth spurt. Alas, he has 'forgotten' how to sign so feeding and diaper changes are a big mess. He has started sitting up by supporting himself with his arms, which is a relief to all involved. I'm sure he'll be happier once he can properly sit. We also had 3 outings involving a car with no drama, which is a huge win.

He's been making us laugh this week because every time I put him over my shoulder, without fail, he would plank and let out a loud gleeful squawk (DH calls it his battle cry). He belted one out at the grocery store and startled some poor lady who was hunched over the sushi case.

QOTW: We normally do a road trip, cookout, picnic, and/or hike for the 4th. This year I've been content with catching up on chores since DH has been too busy to pitch in properly the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    @NeonNoon‌ how old is he? Pay will be 6mths on the 9th and trying to sit up. You'd think after 3 other kids I would remember milestone ages.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    He'll be 4 months in a week @mandyreads. He's quite 'athletic'. He was batting at toys (and freaking out about it) before 7 weeks. I'm sure he'll be a joy once he's mobile!
  • Options
    My parents visited for the long weekend, which was awesome - kiddo hit a bunch of developmental milestones while they were here (smiling, holding head, holding gaze, grasping for objects (such as grandpa's nose and mom's nipple - LOL) and I'm sure that was partly a result of the increased interaction he was enjoying.

On the downside, he seemed pooped the afternoon they left and promptly woke up at 3am this morning with a ton of green goo in his right eye, and a smaller amount in his left eye. The rest of the morning involved lots of googling and finally seeing a pediatric nurse practitioner at 8am sharp for an antibiotic ointment prescription. Hopefully everything will clear up soon and he'll be back to his energetic self.
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    DS had a reaction to formula this week, which stinks. But we were just doing that to get his weight gain moving, which is doing fine now.
    We didn't do anything to celebrate, unfortunately, instead using the day to finish getting ready for the very ambitious road trip we started yesterday - driving from AZ to Oregon. It started off so amazing! LO slept most of the morning and we got to our first stop, a campground, by about 1:30. But instead of nice walks in the woods, we ended up sitting in the truck all afternoon/evening watching it rain. :(
    Then today is the opposite. LO won't sleep at all, just fusses and eats constantly. Has been really slow going. Am looking forward to a nice place to stay at a relative's house tonight.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    We went to the lake for the fourth and I have to say although it should have been a really good time it wasn't that great for me. My h had a great time socializing while I cared for our daughter like I always do. It was supposed to be family time but my h didn't spend any time with us. Then when we went out on the boat I was the one keeping track of her the entire time. It was exhausting. The one good moment for me was when it got dark and the fireworks started and she finally cuddled up with me and watched, totally amazed and grinning from ear to ear. That was a wonderful feeling. By the time we got home it was more than two hours past her bedtime. Long day.

In other news, our daughter is suddenly saying so many new words I can't even list them all. She's also starting to put together more sentences. It seems like every day it's something new.

We just bought a toddler bed because they stopped making the conversion kit for our crib. I had planned on using the crib a nice long time. I was able to find a great deal on a really nice toddler bed on Craigslist. We aren't ready to make the switch yet but she's starting to put her leg over and she's thinking about trying to climb out, so we want to be prepared. She is very excited about her new big bed and absolutely loves it, but as we all know playing on the bed and sleeping on it are two entirely different things. As soon as we make the switch it's going to change everything. Right now she is a great sleeper at night, she goes right down. I'm not ready for her to stay up and play. I hope we can hold off awhile.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I'm exhausted. Sorry I haven't been on here to respond to posts. Mommy needs a break.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Last week was same as ever, I suppose. Minimal napping for the little guy during the day, lots of me trying to keep him from crying. We had our one month pedi visit yesterday, and everything looks fine. Baby us healthy and developing normally. I asked about reflux - doctor said he MAY have a little, but she doesn't suspect it to be a real cause of his constant crying because if so, it would likely happen 24 hours a day, and since he generally sleeps OK at night, that's probably not it. They are going to check a stool sample to make sure he doesn't have any milk protein intolerance, but again, if that were the case, she said the crying would be all day.

For the fourth, DH cooked out on the back deck, which was nice, but it would have been nicerificould have been out there with him instead of inside with crying LO. Oh well, I just keep telling myself he won't be this fussy forever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker