C-sections
Options

C section incision burning

i had my c section about a week ago. I keep getting this horrible burning feeling along the incusion, especially the left side, especially when I walk.
Anyone else getting this? Almost feels like a rope burn along the incusion.

Re: C section incision burning

• Options
    Mine would fel like that if I over did it. Are you moving around more than you should?
  • Options
    Mine burned for about 5 weeks PP and then went away on its own one day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ughhhh 5 weeks! That sounds horrible!
  • Options
    Pain meds and letting your body heal should help. Don't push yourself to be super woman. You just had major abdominal surgery. Take care of yourself and baby first. Get help for everything else.
  • Options
    For me it's tape burn! Is it right where your surgical tape was? I had this on my foot too after surgery. The foot one blistered, this one has not but it buuuuuurns.
  • Options
    I hate to say this, but mine felt like I had a really bad sunburn and it hurt to wear jeans for about 18 months... I was told it was nerves reconnecting and it was actually a "good thing." It gradually went away around that time. I never had any of the numbness at all that most people talk about, and I have 100% full normal feeling in it now (about to have an RCS in 2 weeks though so we'll see what happens this time...)
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks pp now and it's back (thought it went away around 5 weeks). I have been exercising more lately - nothing too intense - and I'm definitely burning again