January 2015 Moms
Options

june mama w/a questions - pls give me hope. when were you able to put LO down for naps w/o holding?

desperate mama over here with a 4 week old who I have to hold all day for naps to get him to nap longer than 30 minutes. just wondering if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, if your lo was like this, when did he/she start being able to take longer naps on their own? tia!

Re: june mama w/a questions - pls give me hope. when were you able to put LO down for naps w/o holding?

• Options
    acorbyacorby member
    Yes - mine needed to be held for naps (and we co sleep at night) until 4 mos or so.
  • Options
    Where is hope! Mine needed to be held for naps and to sleep at night. Everyone told me what a mistake it was to get him into the habit but you have to do what works best for you. He was also sleeping in his crib on his own at night by three months! I eventually learned little tricks that worked for my little one to get him to sleep. Vibrating bouncy chair and swaddling worked for us. He is now six months and still hard to take a nap in the day for the most part he does well but has his hiccups even through the night he sleeps four hours then every two until morning.
    Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son only napped in his Moby Wrap on me for the first 4 months. After that, he was able to be put down in his crib for a nap. But he is a cat-napper- so I only get 15 minutes out of him! Good luck! There is an end in sight!!
  • Options
    My son only napped in my sling until 4 months old. Now he is almost six months old, we still need to carry him to nap/sleep, but he is able to sleep on bed. In fact, now he prefer to stay in bed than in sling :)
  • Options
    At about a week old I realized my little one wanted to be held while sleeping and because I was afraid of myself falling asleep with her in my arms at night I decided to prop her in my boppy pillow, the U shape kinda hugged her body and I would lift her legs vertically against a pillow because it seemed to relieve her gas and she slept perfectly that way.
    She is six months and still sleeps like this. I never planned on co sleeping but we kinda evolved into it based on what she needed.
    This wouldn't be the best advice to use because it completely goes against safe sleeping practice and the boppy has a not for sleeping sign all over it. But it has been safe for her the way I set it up and it's also really convenient for traveling we don't have to lug a pack n play around, just needs the boppy and can sleep anywhere.