January 2015 Moms

Baby is not sleeping!

Hey! My baby boy is almost 6 months and since about 4 months he stopped sleeping through the night. Before, he would wake up every 3-4 hours but now its every hour or half hour! I try to feed him really good so he is filled up before bed and during the day he takes about 2 naps of about 1-2 hours. His bedtime is around 8 he gets tired but actual falling asleep is by 9:30 or 10.. Then he wakes up by 11:30 or 12. i really dont know what to do and am extremely exhausted. It seems to me that he wants to be at the breast while sleeping and that is why he does it but i have him fall asleep while not on the breast. I really need some help. I'm open to Any suggestions. Honestly the first time he wakes up i love cuddling him back to sleep.. But after that! Help!

Re: Baby is not sleeping!

• aziz4aziz4 member
    Do you have a lullaby music player? I use that if my son wakes up and I know he is not hungry.
  • I had a lullaby but that stopped working so now i do white noise but still :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello!! My baby use to do the same thing but I asked my husband to help me out. So when the baby wakes up my husband got him and put him back to sleep. It was a little hard because he want to be at the breast but my husband tried to put him back to sleep only if he is crying I hold him and breastfeed him for a little bit.
  • My son was the same way. Then he figured out how to roll from his back to stomach and now he is sleeping on his stomach. He is much more comfortable.
  • My son has been doing this from 12weeks and turned 6 months on Wednesday. What really frustrates me is that he will sleep from 7pm til 5am when he goes to his grandmothers house and then from 5am straight through til 8! I'm doing everything the same as she does but he wakens every hour for me so I'm starting to think its a habit he has gotten into. Hopefully he'll sleep through for me sometime soon!
  • I am drowning my self here. My LO refuses to sleep anywhere but in his bobby pillow on the couch or in our bed. Until a week ago he slept in his pack and play all night. Bedtime was at 8:00 and he slept till 6:30. Now we are lucky if he is in bed by 10 and then he wakes at 4:00 am for a bottle. He also will only sleep if our hand is on his belly and he can hold it. While its adorable, I would really like to sleep in my bed. Luckily husband helps a ton but it would be nice to sleep with him for a chance.
  • Doc said to put a bottle or sippy cup w/ water in his crib he can find it and soothe himself with that instead of having to be at the breast but idk about that :/
  • I would suggest trying a lovey. My daughter had one in her crib from 5mo and our pedi said it was fine. She rubs her face with it and it helps put her back to sleep..