March 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY baby names

Re: GTKY baby names

• Options
    We have three girls, Kaygan, Karlyle, and Kyndall.

If this is a girl I'm pushing for Karalynn

A boy will be Robert with the middle name Wesley most likely.

We decided before we started having kids to name all our girls with K and all our boys with R, since those are mine and dh's initials. We weren't expecting so many girls! Lol.

All of the first sons in dh's side are named Robert, with different middle names. My dad's middle name is Wesley, so I'm fighting for that.
  • Options
    My favorite girls name is Josephine but DH isn't sold on it (and doesn't have any ideas for girls names to contribute). For boys, we both like Oliver and Henry, and he likes Owen which I don't mind either.
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So for the past two months now, my daughter has been calling this baby Rose. We don't know where she got it from (other than watching DW with us). I keep telling her the baby may be a boy, and we won't know until March (“team green”), but she will not waver. And now she's got *everyone* else calling it Baby Rose as well. Heck, I've even found myself doing it a few times! So now Rose is officially on the list. Problem is, it completely messes up our A,B,C,D,E,(f),G thing we have going on, and I'm just not sure that my ocd can handle that forever.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    We have 3 boys and just found out we are having a fourth! We have Robert (Bobby) Carlton the third, Brandon Christopher, Brody Cayden, and this little guy we are leaning toward Benjamin Cole
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I picked out my first child's name, and DH chose our second baby name. Now my oldest is 5 and a half, and she has decided that it's HER turn to name a baby.

Her ideas are Covey for a boy (what?! No.) And Lilly for a girl. My DH's mom is Lilian, so we just might go with that one, although we're a little worried that it might make my mom jealous. And my mom has been my doula for both labors and always stays with us for a month or two after the birth to help out and take care of me, so I might feel bad not honoring her too. But her name is Jennine, and I just don't think that goes with Lilian.
  • Options
    @kitteh81 I think it sounds lovely together :)
    @bntfroggie that is hysterical!!!

Autism mama! 
  • Options

So for the past two months now, my daughter has been calling this baby Rose. We don't know where she got it from (other than watching DW with us). I keep telling her the baby may be a boy, and we won't know until March (“team green”), but she will not waver. And now she's got *everyone* else calling it Baby Rose as well. Heck, I've even found myself doing it a few times! So now Rose is officially on the list. Problem is, it completely messes up our A,B,C,D,E,(f),G thing we have going on, and I'm just not sure that my ocd can handle that forever.

If it's a girl you could use Rose for the middle name. Grace Rose, Gertrude Rose, Gwenyth Rose... G girl names are hard. I don't love Gertrude, but Trudy as a nickname is cute.
  • Options
    @kitteh81 I like Lilian Jennine or even Lily Jean.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    kitteh81 said:

I picked out my first child's name, and DH chose our second baby name. Now my oldest is 5 and a half, and she has decided that it's HER turn to name a baby.

Her ideas are Covey for a boy (what?! No.) And Lilly for a girl. My DH's mom is Lilian, so we just might go with that one, although we're a little worried that it might make my mom jealous. And my mom has been my doula for both labors and always stays with us for a month or two after the birth to help out and take care of me, so I might feel bad not honoring her too. But her name is Jennine, and I just don't think that goes with Lilian.

My youngest niece is named Lyllian and it is the cutest name for her. She's got one of those names that fits her and her personality to a T :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    @SadiePantsR great ideas! grace and Greta are on my list and some form of Guinevere (Gwen/Gwynn) was surprisingly my husband's pick that I love! The kids so far all have short names :)

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    And maybe Grant for a boy? But can't think of MNs with that one …

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    @oceanchild I love Greta! And Guinevere. I really like Grant too. Grant Cole comes to mind, but I dunno if that works with your last. I also have a cousin with that name, so probably why it comes to mind. Haha
  • Options
    We already have a Mackenzie Elizabeth (DD), Levi David (DS), and Danielle Rebekah (DD). For this new baby were thinking:

Girl-Josephine Grace
    Boy-John Robert

We'll see if the names will last till March. :)
  • Options
    @oceanchild - I love Greta and I have a friend Genevieve. Love her name too!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We have had names picked out ever sense we had DS. Kendra Naomi if its a girl and Gabriel Upton it its a boy. with our first my DH had the name picked out for almost a decade before he was actually even conceived. its a family name and thankfully I loved it.

September march16 siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I really like V names, but my bf doesn't like any of them. I like Victoria, Veronica, Vivian, or Valarie for a girl; Victor or Vincent for a boy.

We kind of agreed on Violet for a girl, but I'm not too attached to it. We like Vincent or Zachary for a boy. I guess we will be more serious about choosing a name when we find our what we are having. 
  • Options
    We have 3 boys and just found out we are having a fourth! We have Robert (Bobby) Carlton the third, Brandon Christopher, Brody Cayden, and this little guy we are leaning toward Benjamin Cole

Wow so you were predicted a girl and found out a boy? I love the name Benjamin as well. Very distinguished

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Well I did the Harmony test and it tested positive for a girl :) We told all of our loved ones, but I am still fearful it may turn out the opposite just because that would be my luck to buy everything and it be a boy :p

So for this sweet girl we decided on:

Lucinda Denise

although originally it was

Lucinda Christine.

We changed it due to my mothers death and took her middle name, even though the first name is a representation of her already (she called me Lucy my entire life)

Christine is my MIL middle name. Is it wrong that I have an entire name in honor of my mother and took away the middle name from his? We already told her a couple months ago that if it was a girl it would be Christine and then took it back. Ha. It just feels wrong though...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For a boy we have Maxwell James - Maxwell is a name I've always loved since before meeting DH, but was his grandfathers name too. James is DH first name, and wants to carry on sharing his first name and middle name with our children if they're boys as his parents did with him and my BIL (as middle names).

For a girls name, we're slightly stuck! I think Jessica is likely to be in there somewhere, after my grandmother :)
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2015
    For a Girl we like either Olivia Anne or Megan Anne. Anne is a family name, so we are settled on that. We both love Olivia, but it has become so popular that I don't want her to always be 1 of multiple Olivia's.
    For a boy, we really like Lucas John (John is my fil). But, I have a cousin named Lucas. He is 20 years younger than me and I see him twice a year roughly. Should we choose a different boy name?
  • Options
    If you like the name, use it. I don't recommend naming siblings the same or similar names, but otherwise, use it.
  • Options
    We chose a girl name and have yet to come up with a boy name! We like Benjamin but that is his close friends name... My DH doesn't want any Hispanic sounding names because he grew up at Jesus and always got made fun of so he goes by Zeus now. I would love to do Zeus but he doesn't want to because it reminds him of his absent fathers name who named his other son the same thing... So my hubby is a jr. His dad's name is Jesus Manuel... My hubby is Jesus Manuel Jr and his dad's son is Manuel Jesus! Ugh!!
  • Options

Wow so you were predicted a girl and found out a boy? I love the name Benjamin as well. Very distinguished

8 week ultrasound predicted girl and 12 week predicted boy. My genetic testing came back boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We LOVE Amelia Christine for a girl (Doctor Who fans and my Grandma's middle name). However, just like last time, we are stumped for a boy's name. I just know I want Emerson for a middle name, because that's DH's middle name.

DD2 is named after Doctor Who too. :) Amelia Rose This time we've kinda settled on Victoria (Vicky) for a girl and Charles (Charlie) for a boy. Still debating on middle names.
    Handfasted to my Best Friend 6/21/2012
    Tied the Knot for Good 6/22/2013

Our Bunnies:
    James Edwin 1/5/2000 ♥ Annabelle Lynn 11/5/2001
    William Thomas 5/11/2004 ♥ Amelia Rose 7/25/2014
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

EDD: March 26, 2016

• Options
    Our Amelia was named back in 2011 (2 years before she even existed) when DH and I were listening to a Joni Mitchell song about Amelia Earhart. And, fittingly, she now adores airplanes. But I'm a little bummed out that the name Amelia became so popular when she was born, I almost considered changing her name so she wouldn't be one of many Amelias in school. But I really love the name, so we kept it.
  • Options
    If I have 2 girls the names will be Fiona Serenity and Naomi Cassandra. For 2 boys the names will be Lucas Scott and Connor James. And for one of each it will be the first name from each list.
  • Options
    I need some help with boys names. DD1 is Claire Elisabeth and DD2 is Adeline Rose. If we have another girl it will most likely be Ella or Bella. But boys names we cannot find one that fits with our girls names. I like old names, but I want something masculine for a boy.
  • Options
    My son's name is John Edward IV. I feel like the rest of our names should be very traditional and royal as well. But I can't!
    We had Veda picked out for a girl when I was pregnant with my son, and we still love it, so it'll stay. But we seriously can't think of a middle name. I've loved the name ophelia, but my husband hates it.
    I've felt like this was a boy since I discovered being pregnant and I called him Elisha. My husband and I have settled on Elisha Jude. I love both names for boy and girl but am having a really difficult time finding a middle name for Veda that flows with our last name as well. Any ideas?!
  • Options
    While it is still on the 1st page I'm just bumping it to the top as I'm seeing a lot of baby name threads being started :) organization y'all ;)
  • Options

How is this already at the bottom of the page?? BUMP.

@Laurenc523 I know Elisha is a religious name, but names like Alisha and girls named (IE the actress Cuthbert) Elisha have made it girly, IMO. I like Elijah better, but that is JUST my personal preference and I am not a very religious person. I also think it goes a little better with John. Apologies if that offends (really - not being snarky, I know people get protective over names).

LOVE Veda. With the regal sound of John Edward, I immediately think Veda Elizabeth, Veda Charlotte or something along those lines - a classic name. A 1 syllable MN would also sound cute - Veda Jane, Veda Rose, etc.  

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    @flowerpower5838 No, no, not offended at all.  I hadn't correlated Alisha to Elisha because they are pronounced slightly differently!  It feels more masculine to me because I hear ELI-sha.
    Also, I had recently thought Veda Rosalie had sounded elegant and flowed well.  We have a Mexican last name, even though my husband is definitely not Mexican, but I am (and had a very English maiden last name, oddly enough).

• Options
    mistygenovesemistygenovese member
    edited September 2015
    DH and I have had a pretty hard time agreeing on any names. We'll get heavier into the discussion once we know what we are having but we do know if it's a boy we'll use Francis for the middle name after DH's father. If it's a girl, we'll most likely use Jacqueline for the middle name after DH's grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago. 

Although I have started making a list of names I like and for girls I like Avery, Lilian, Elise and Vivian. For a boy, I like Connor, Theodore (NN Theo or Teddy) and Simon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FTM here and I am a bit of a dorky bird nut and for a long time I've know that if I had a girl I'd want to name her Wren. It's so pretty and increasing slightly in popularity. A middle name would be after my grandmother's middle name , Louise. I've known this for a while and my biggest regret in life is not telling her I was going to use her name before she passed away nearly a year ago. She was one of my best friends and it means a lot to me. I've mentioned this name to my husband multiple times in the past few years but just the other day he wanted to talk about names and I just said the name I picked matter of factly and he freaked a little. I told him he can pick any name he wants for a boy ( I might try persuading him if I don't like it but bottom line is that it's up to him) He says she would get made fun of but I can't even imagine that. I was thinking I COULD make it Wrenlynn to make less birdish but I'd rather not. Also H's name is LaWRENce. ;)
    Sorry this is so long but can someone back me up that this is not a bad name! Please.
  • Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited September 2015
    @kitkatbird I actually love it and the association it has with your husbands name is a bonus! The middle name thing made me tear up because I'm actually using both of my grandmothers middle names as a middle name if we're having a girl. One has been gone for almost 20 years now but the other will have been gone 2 years the week I'm due. My husband wasn't a huge fan at first but after explaining why he actually likes them now. He's really not a big complainer though when it comes to names :)
    ETA- I like Wren better than Wrenlynn. Let him hear it a few times and maybe it will grow on him! :)
  • Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited September 2015
    @kitkatbird i absolutley ADORE the name Wren. like loveLoveLOVE it! my husband didnt't like my girl name with our last baby, and i just continued to call the baby the name the entire pregnancy and by the time we were in holding the baby the name had totally grown on him. (we had a boy, so it didn't matter, but he named the boy and agreed to using the girl name if our next was a girl). he never like my girl names, but i usually pick the girl names and he picks the boy names (not for any reason, just how it has worked out). anyhow, i do not think that a little girl named Wren would be teased for her name, but truthfully it doesn't matterwhat name a child has, another child will always find something to pick on. with our first, i wanted the named Sparrow or Starling for a girl (i also love birds), and husband shot those down so fast. but Wren is so beautiful. and even cooler that you can kind of tie it in with his name. <3

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    DHs girls list: Reese, Quinn, Sidney

My girl list: Elise, Colette, Mia, Maya, Adeline, Noelle, Isla

We can not seem to come to common ground on girl names!

Boy will likely be Henry with some sort of family MN like our other two boys.
  • Options
    @kitkatbird I have a friend named Karen who goes by the NN Ren. Not the spelling you want, but if H is worried about her being made fun of, maybe having Ren as a NN would be a nice compromise? Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've liked Evelyn for a girl since we got pregnant with DS2, but now I'm second guessing it.  I really thought we were done having babies, I wouldn't have a girl to ever use that name on, etc and now it almost feels like a 'new chapter' so to speak and I feel like I need to pick a new name.  Although I do still love Evelyn, and it goes nicely with our very traditional boys names.  It has become a lot more popular since 2010, but that's not a huge concern either since our boy names are also very popular.  
    Recently I've heard the name Stella a few times and I think I really like it.  I haven't mentioned it to DH yet.  Is it too 'different' to go with our boy names (Matthew, Andrew & Benjamin)?  I've also recently thought Mila is cute, but pronounced Mee-lah, not My-lah and I think people would get it wrong all the time.  And finally I kind of like Nora, as a tribute to my grandmothers Norma & Eleanor.  Regardless of the first name, the middle name with most likely be Rose, after DHs late monther.
  • Options
    I already have a Christian Mickey, Jessica Renee, and Stacie Lynn

If this baby is a boy we decided on Renji for a first name. But haven't decided between Rafael or Raiden for a middle name.
    And if it's a girl we decided on Starr Jade.