Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Favorite products for baby?

Ok so what are your favorite products that you discovered for your baby? We all registered a bunch of stuff and some of it is useful and other things we have found work better...What are your favorite car seats, strollers, baby care products, playard, swings and bouncers? Favorite wipes and diapers? Breast pumps and pump bras?

Re: Favorite products for baby?

• wintersongwintersong member
    edited July 2015
    Things I have found useful:
    - mei tai
    - rock n play
    - convertible car seat
    - stroller that converts from a pram style to a regular 6mo + stroller
    - breast pump....through insurance, not registry

Things I have not found useful:
    - pack n play
    - bottle warmer
    - diaper genie
    - changing table station
    - infant car seat
    - wiper warmer
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Things I have found useful:
    - mei tai
    - rock n play
    - convertible car seat
    - stroller that converts from a pram style to a regular 6mo + stroller
    - breast pump....through insurance, not registry

Things I have not found useful:
    - pack n play
    - bottle warmer
    - diaper genie
    - changing table station
    - infant car seat
    - wiper warmer

Yeah I ordered another rock and play- those things are awesome!!! Agree about the diaper genie and wiper warmer. I do use the changing tableb because of the projectile poops. As for the car seat situation, what is the convertible car seat and what brand do you prefer? I just ordered the uppababy mesa infant car seat. I didn't order the stroller that it attaches too though. I have a valco baby snap 4 stroller. I am actually looking ahead. We are still just three weeks old and trying to figure out what will work best for now and future.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Chicco Nextfit, but I really could have gone with other brands. My son is way more comfy in his convertible seat than infant seat, and I would NEVER carry that thing around. The infant seat is like, 17 pounds, plus his 18. Held out at arms length, this is waaaay too heavy. I would only really think they would be useful for the travel system.

I change him on a towel on the floor. He is in our room,and we don't have a ton of space for furniture. I like this better, he can't roll off of the floor!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited July 2015
    Luv u 2 zoo swing by fisher price helped baby take naps and it doesn't take up space. Now it's more of a play swing. A bouncer seat is a must when baby is upset, I didn't get one until about 3 months and should've gotten one way earlier or registered for one. A glider is a must to rock and sing baby to sleep, also it's more comfortable to breastfeed in a comfortable chair for my back than in bed. Mobile is not necessary it's almost a horrible distraction for sleep!! Playmat with music is a must to occupy baby. Graco little lounger helped baby take naps when being watched by others and needed to be soothed. A travel crib for your room is necessary to have baby sleep on a comfortable mattress and to spread out at night. Mamaroo has not helped baby stay occupied or sleep as much as the others I mentioned.

As far as wipes and diapering, we use a cloth diaper service. It's $100 a month and we get 80 diapers a week that are laundered for us. I hate the chemicals in a lot of disposable diapers, so I have honest diapers for when we need disposables. I like the seventh generation wipes best. Thirsties diaper covers fit the best for a <9 month old baby.

So far I don't really like the quality of my Chicco strollers and car seat but they were a big investment so I'm not buying something else until he's over 30 lbs!
  • Love to what stroller everyone loves... we bought one and hate it! I want something light, fold compact, comfy for baby
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have a bob and love it but it's big! LO loves it too!
  • Luv u 2 zoo swing by fisher price helped baby take naps and it doesn't take up space. Now it's more of a play swing. A bouncer seat is a must when baby is upset, I didn't get one until about 3 months and should've gotten one way earlier or registered for one. A glider is a must to rock and sing baby to sleep, also it's more comfortable to breastfeed in a comfortable chair for my back than in bed. Mobile is not necessary it's almost a horrible distraction for sleep!!

I love my mobile as a distraction. When he turned about four months old he started to love it. It I'd the best the minutes baby sitter ever. Some days it is the only way I can poop!

We never used our playmat, and the crib we only just started using because of lo's brace.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aziz4aziz4 member
    I have the britax car seat and stroller I love them! Also changing table I use 24/7 it's perfect height i don't like changing him any where else. Also the play mat is amazing he learns so much with that it's so awesome he learned how to roll over and everything with it. The swing we didn't use for a while but eventually did it helped transfer him to the crib as well. Oh and also the mobile lullaby player that attaches to the crib that's a life saver he passes out in seconds with that on.

• I love my mobile as a distraction. When he turned about four months old he started to love it. It I'd the best the minutes baby sitter ever. Some days it is the only way I can poop!

We never used our playmat, and the crib we only just started using because of lo's brace.

My mobile is only 3 minutes, maybe I need a longer one but I have to wind it up 3-5 times then he starts crying when he sees it and it's not moving. I have to take it down most of the time.

Reading the forums has helped me understand that all babies are different! I registered for swaddles anf have a box of woombies from a friend and he hasn't used one to sleep in (he screams and squirms in them) and instead we use Aden & anais breathable blankets and keep his arms out. And all I hear about is swaddling baby for comfort!!
  • In the UK we're no longer advised to swaddle, so none of that here. Most useful things have been acres of breathable blankets. A playpen (we have dogs.) She's not that fond of her bouncer seat. She loves Skiphop toys. We have an iCandy travel system which is great, big wheels, big basket and easily foldable. Works with either the Stokke BeSafe or the Maxi Cosi.
  • Hey, does anybody use the tripp trapp highchair? My friend in Norway says it's a must. It's a little pricey so just wondering if it's worth it.

Also, just bought the Uppababy Mesa car seat. Any thoughts on that?

• I love my mobile as a distraction. When he turned about four months old he started to love it. It I'd the best the minutes baby sitter ever. Some days it is the only way I can poop!

My mobile is only 3 minutes, maybe I need a longer one but I have to wind it up 3-5 times then he starts crying when he sees it and it's not moving. I have to take it down most of the time.

Reading the forums has helped me understand that all babies are different! I registered for swaddles anf have a box of woombies from a friend and he hasn't used one to sleep in (he screams and squirms in them) and instead we use Aden & anais breathable blankets and keep his arms out. And all I hear about is swaddling baby for comfort!!
    I love the Aden and Anais swaddles but we don't swaddle her with them. They are great lightweight blankets for summer though. I don't have a mobile but I am making her hot air balloon lamps from decorated tin cans and upside down ikea paper lanterns. Just trying to make time to finish them and hang them up.
  • aziz4 said:

I have the britax car seat and stroller I love them! Also changing table I use 24/7 it's perfect height i don't like changing him any where else. Also the play mat is amazing he learns so much with that it's so awesome he learned how to roll over and everything with it. The swing we didn't use for a while but eventually did it helped transfer him to the crib as well. Oh and also the mobile lullaby player that attaches to the crib that's a life saver he passes out in seconds with that on.

I will need to get the convertible car seat for when she is bigger but until then the uppababy will do.
    I have a silly mat that my sister-in-law gave us that is so ugly to me but my friend says they love the really colorful tacky looking mats and toys.
  • gremaud07 said:

Love to what stroller everyone loves... we bought one and hate it! I want something light, fold compact, comfy for baby

I have the valco baby snap 4, designed in Brooklyn, Ny. The baby guy nyc did a demo with it and sold me on it. The only thing I don't like is the position of the brake. It's hard to lock and unlock.
    might have ordered the Uppababy vista or cruz had I known about the car seat, bassinet and stroller adaptation...but too late and that shit is expensive.
  • 4 babies here ... love the ikea changing table, rock n play, fisher price sit me up chair, basic playmat w two packages of cheap rings added to it to make it more dangly, summer bath time lounger, Johnson & Johnson premoistened disposable washcloths, vtech basic monitor, snap n go stroller, Graco white noise machine, huggies diapers, Walmart 'sensitive' babywipes, born free formula compartment for on the go, and born free bottles.
  • Damn, that Rock n Play is a genius invention. I have two now! I have the old version that just vibrates and the new one that rocks and plays music. I use one on the first floor and the other in the bedroom upstairs. It's my favorite product by far at this point in newborn stage
  • Damn, that Rock n Play is a genius invention. I have two now! I have the old version that just vibrates and the new one that rocks and plays music. I use one on the first floor and the other in the bedroom upstairs. It's my favorite product by far at this point in newborn stage

Plus they are so stinking mobile, they are really easy to travel with. Unlike a pnp which takes a NASA engineer to get to fit in its bag correctly...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • foreskforesk member
    We have Graco Modes - I did extensive research before buying a stroller plus tested all the strollers that Babies'r'us carries before investing into one. Very happy with this one so far. It is a travel system that is super lightweight, folds and unfolds with one click, has a huge canopy and a very big storage basket. You can just use the base with your infant carseat attached to it when you do not neat the actual seat that goes with the stroller, or put a carseat on top of the entire stroller. It runs smoothly and turns easily.
  • foreskforesk member
    I also love a playmat from Ikea - it is basically a blanket with some plastic-like lining. It has toys attached to it on the corners. Plus it is soft, washable, pretty big in size and costs only $20. My daughter loves it, we use it every day during tummy time. Highly recommended!
  • Thanks for this thread! Helpful to see a lot of products I didn't know about.
  • LO loves her rock n play and so do I b/c I can actually take a decent shower when she's in it. Other favs are...
    Bumbo seat
    Chicco keyfit travel system
    Big soft blanket for floor play
    Boppy pillow
    Carter's light blankets
    Pampers diapers and sensitive wipes

What we could do without...
    Mama Roo
    Cradle
    Pack n play
    Luvs diapers
    Night gowns

• Hey, does anybody use the tripp trapp highchair? My friend in Norway says it's a must. It's a little pricey so just wondering if it's worth it. Also, just bought the Uppababy Mesa car seat. Any thoughts on that?
    Love love love our Tripp Trapp. Worth it!!!
  • Products I love:

- Graco Packn Play Abbington Suite - comes with bouncer that you can move around the house and very easy to transport when visiting family. Doesn't take up much space when you take the pack n play down.

- Bottle cooler - Transporting bottles on the go

- Tommee Tippee travel bottle warmer - Has kept water warm for at least 7 hours

-Graco Modes Click Connect Travel System - Loves the carseat and stoller set, however baby is outgrowing the carseat quickly and we will have to purchase another one soon.

-Crib and changing table - Great, haven't used crib much as baby slept in bassinet for about 1 months and is now sleeping in pack n play until we are comfortable with him sleeping in his own room

-    Loves boppy pillows (2) one for nursing and other for baby to sit in

- Pampers Diapers and Pampers sensitive wipes

- Loves diaper pail, have filthy diapers in there and haven't smelled them yet, plus I don't have to take out dirty diapers everyday

- loves mobile when he lays in his crib

- Loves his playmat

- Aveeno or cetaphil

What I could do with out:

- Baby didn't like rock and play, probably because it didn't vibrate

- haven't used carrier, not comfortable with it yet

- don't like Huggies

- Don't like night gowns

- Not a Johnson and Johnson fan (Wash and shampoo)

- Not a fan of baby's tub, but we use it

• Things we love:
    Boppy pillow- great to prop baby in while I pump on the couch
    Pack n Play (great if you have 2 stories- we keep ours downstairs for napping/changing)
    Sophie the giraffe
    Graco jogger with car seat that snaps in (so easy!!)
    Activity play mat
    Aden + Anais blankets

Things we could do without:
    Mama roo (LO just does not like it)
    Lamb mat from babies r us
    Medela pump in style ( I have a preemie so Dr. recommended I use a hospital grade pump and it is SO much better)
    Velcro swaddlers- we never ended up using them
  • We have this toy from leapfrog called scout and lo loves it. I think I have a love hate realtionship with it because I have woken up w the songs in my head but at night when he is fussy its one of the only toys he likes.

He also like his playmat a lot but is starting to out grow it.

I did not use the swing or bouncy seat much.