February 2016 Moms

7/1 Symptom and Question thread

2»

Re: 7/1 Symptom and Question thread

• To those who take unisom+b6 for morning sickness, do you only take it at night? And does it help for the next day? I finally called my doctor to ask for something for the ms and they said to only take it at night because it will make me very sleepy. But I'm worried it won't actually help because I'm mostly sick in the morning and during the day.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To those who take unisom+b6 for morning sickness, do you only take it at night? And does it help for the next day? I finally called my doctor to ask for something for the ms and they said to only take it at night because it will make me very sleepy. But I'm worried it won't actually help because I'm mostly sick in the morning and during the day.
    I just take Unisom, but take it at night. It does help somewhat during the day for me, but it makes me foggy in the morning.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...

I take it once at night and once first thing when I wake up. I only take half of one in the am. If I don't, I am too sick to function. Even with the am dose, I am still sick, but I can for the most part get work done.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• I feel so sick. So exhausted. Cramps. Irritability. Crying.

I'm not sure I'm leaving the couch today. I'm just thankful that I'm a teacher and I can spend this first tri on the couch when I need to.

I am so with you on the being thankful it's summer!!! Although I am freaking out a bit about being out for so long during the school year... How long are all of you ladies planning on taking maternity leave?
  • I feel so sick. So exhausted. Cramps. Irritability. Crying. I'm not sure I'm leaving the couch today. I'm just thankful that I'm a teacher and I can spend this first tri on the couch when I need to.
    I am so with you on the being thankful it's summer!!! Although I am freaking out a bit about being out for so long during the school year... How long are all of you ladies planning on taking maternity leave?
    Probably the full 4 months I am offered. I had to come back at 3.5 months last time due to an M&A.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• magnumJ said:

Ginger Altoids FTW! My nausea is at least manageable. 

THEY MAKE THESE?!! Where the hell have I been??
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm laying in bed trying to sleep and have now gotten up THREE TIMES (in maybe 30 minutes) to pee. I give up.
  • bookqueen said:

magnumJ said:

Ginger Altoids FTW! My nausea is at least manageable. 

THEY MAKE THESE?!! Where the hell have I been??
    They don't carry them everywhere, but they for sure make 'em :)

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• PaniaOPaniaO member
    And I got my first lightning crotch today. Twice in a row, boom boom. Holy cow did that stop me in my tracks! Isn't it too soon?
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • Odd dreams have definitely been happening, mine are odd to begin with but last night I dreamt crows and ravens were trying to get into the house to kill us so we had to keep all doors and windows shut but people kept leaving them open and I was running around shutting them while trying to kill the birds with a wooden mallet... I love birds, I don't want to kill them!
  • @magnumJ @bookqueen I couldn't find them, but if you have a World Market near you they sell ginger hard candies. I have some called Ginger Delights and they have different flavors so the ginger isn't too strong of a flavor. They do help!
  • My new routine. Fall asleep at 10 PM. Wake up every hour on the hour. Then get extremely nauseous at 5 AM like I am going to die. Fall asleep for an hour. 6PM poop out a monster and lay down for 5 minutes of relief before I have to be to work at 7. All week! Nauseous all day! Gym is like death but I make myself go so I have some sort of structure.  

• I don't remember heartburn starting this early last time... X(
  • RN0107RN0107 member

I don't remember heartburn starting this early last time... X(

This exactly!

MMC Aug 2010
    DS1 Jan 2012
    DS2 July 2013
    DS3 February 2016

• RN0107 said:

This exactly!
    I always have heartburn, but since I'm barely eating, it's not as bad. I am not looking forward to third tri, though. Puking daily while 30+ weeks pregnant was miserable.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• PaniaOPaniaO member
    edited July 2015
    Just got back from my U/S--HB 160, measuring 7+4ish :x So very very relieved because my nausea was gone yet again this morning after a very-queasy few days. Now I truly believe that symptoms can come and go. Before, I think I just pretended to believe it. :\">

Ah shit, wrong thread... I went for the most recent symptoms thread, but this happened 7/2, not 7/1. Foiled!
    S & A married 8.12.2013
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    magnumJ said:

RN0107 said:

This exactly!
    I always have heartburn, but since I'm barely eating, it's not as bad. I am not looking forward to third tri, though. Puking daily while 30+ weeks pregnant was miserable.
    3rd-tri puking? Oh my! I thought it would be over then! I have so much to learn...
    S & A married 8.12.2013
  • wisco29 said:

I feel like absolute crap. I keep thinking maybe if I just barf I'll feel better but I know it's not true

I'm not a puker so I was wondering about this. I thought if I just let it go I might feel better.

Yah I wasn't and am not either. It was a shock with dd when I finally puked for the first time and then over and over (tmi) for days after!
    Haven't thrown up since. I know it's coming though! 2 weeks until my appt and I can hopefully get something
  • I'm either sleeping or puking. Nothing else features!
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited July 2015
    All day headaches and nausea. Crazy ass dreams and wide awake at 4am. I'm losing my cool!

• PaniaO said:

magnumJ said:

RN0107 said:

This exactly!
    3rd-tri puking? Oh my! I thought it would be over then! I have so much to learn...
    I have an esophageal ulcer, so it was worse for me than most.

If people think being nauseous and hungry is hard, just wait until third tri when you're starving and have no room for food :)

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Just curious can someone tell me what DH is I've seen it a lot!
  • odellbaby said:

Just curious can someone tell me what DH is I've seen it a lot!

DH is dear or darling husband.