December 2015 Moms

Positive body image thread

groovylocksgroovylocks member
edited June 2015 in December 2015 Moms
So I notice a lot of us are talking about all the negative feelings we're getting about our new bodies. And i thought it would be helpful to start a thread about what we all love about our new bodies. 

I actually am LOVING my body right now. Long may it last! I was kind of thin and boring before getting pregnant. Sort of had a mousey body. And pregnancy has made me lose some weight which sucks.... but at the same time, my breasts have gone up two cup sizes. It was weird and awkward at first but i fell in love as soon as I realized how to make cleavage. I love my little bump and my face has gotten rosier too. 

I feel really sexy right now. I feel like a pinup. And i feel like i'm making life. I'm fierce and stretching and bursting out into the world. I feel really badass. 

Re: Positive body image thread

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for positive body image stories!  I have boobs!  For the first time in my life!  Pre pregnancy I had a very boyish figure - I'm short and thin and have quite the flat chest.  I'm curious to see how my body changes as the baby grows.  Pregnancy is so weird and amazing!
  • I've always been like a string bean, tall, long limbs, small chested. Luckily I have some sort of a butt. I am so jealous of the people who have actually gone up cup sizes already but I know that my body is moving at the pace it needs to to provide everything for baby :) I used to chew my nails and never could grow them because they would break easily but pregnancy nails rock! I've been growing my hair for almost 2 years now and I'm a couple inches away from my length goal (my lower back dimples) my hair seems to be doing better because of pregnancy. Also my freckles darkened and my cheeks have a pinkish natural tint. I haven't gain any weight but I have a little bump and I am loving it! I feel so beautiful ;;) Only thing is I'm debating about leaving in my belly ring or taking it out, I think my belly button will look too weird all stretched out with a long ring through it LOL but still thinking about it!
  • taysuntaysun member
    I just want to say how awesome my hair is right now. I am so into my own hair. Not to mention at 14 weeks the bloat has disappeared and I can fit into my clothes again while I wait for the bump to really appear!
  • Beautiful thread. I don't have much to add, but I just wanted to say that.
  • I have always been self-conscious of my belly, and dressed to mostly hide, not show it off, but now that it is bigger because of baby (a little me, a little baby) I've embraced it! I'm not going to wear a bikini on the beach, but I bought a body con type maternity dress and I like the way it is!! I don't know how I will feel after baby, but for now I'm trying to love it!
  • You should all check out Beauty Redefined. It's a great organization that promotes positive body image (pregnant or not!) and has research based information, tips, and tools about how to combat the unrealistic beauty ideas set by the media. I love their stuff! They are on FB and Instagram :)
  • Love this thread and so beautiful to read the stories from PPs.

I'm loving my body right now too. I've always been curvy with boobs and a booty and I'm loving how my belly is growing with LO. The boobs have gone up a cup or 2, but I love feeling and seeing the daily changes as my body adjusts. Even more I love how DH spends time every day to discover the changes and look in complete awe at what's happening right now. While I can't wait for the bump to be more obvious to strangers, I love that DH and even my mom get so excited at the tiny bit I am showing.
  • Look at all the sexy-body happy! I'm so pleased to see people entering into the spirit of this thing! You are all beautiful. 
  • I had someone tell me yesterday that I'm glowing. Seriously made my day. I've been feeling so self concious of my face breaking out so bad so it honestly was like a break for my insecurity!
  • nodeaynodeay member
    I would just like to say thank you to all who posted on this thread. Body image has always been a struggle for me but the help of my man I was becoming comfortable in my own skin and I was owning it. I've always been short and chubby with big books and big thighs. It felt as soon as I was comfortable and happy with myself, we got pregnant. I was so happy, scared but happy and never thought anything about my body image would change...but it did. As I slowly gained weight that I had been struggling to keep off for years my confidence crumbled. My man doesn't get it he thinks I'm beautiful and seems more in love with my pregnant body than before but sometimes you can't stop the thoughts that pop into your head when you try on clothes and nothing fits. I got on here today to read about the amazing things happening to baby inside me and I glanced and saw this post and it really has made my week!
    So positive things...my books are firmer and fuller
  • This is my 3rd baby... So I've been down the body change road a few times... With my first pregnancy, I cried a ton in the shower. It was the only place I felt like I could be honest about all that was happening with me because everyone around me was saying "it's great, you're pregnant! Yay!!" But inside, I felt like I was losing myself and my body and what I knew was me. At the time, I had no idea what the reality of having a child was, of the love and strength that would come from my body- and how I was turning into a life growing and giving woman. I only knew that I considered myself to be thin and healthy and athletic without much effort- and I was growing more and more round by the minute.
    That said, this being my third time around, I am totally relaxed about my body now. I have some stretch marks and my stomach is soft- but my daughter was actually upset at the thought of the new baby making my soft belly go away. My boobs were an a-b before all the babes and after nursing, they have returned to a-b size each time... And the only thing different with this 3rd is my boobs haven't gotten nearly as big this time. With my first they were a D right after she was born, with my second they were c-d... So I'm expecting less this time around. Maybe they are more effecient??!
    One thing I know is true. You won't look back later and think about how fat or ugly you look- about your pimples or your thighs... you will look back and think about how young and happy you look. So drink water, take pictures and be patient with your body and love the new you.
  • I've always worked out and ate healthy but this pregnancy and nausea have thrown me for a loop. At 18 weeks I'm still have morning sickness. I've had bad days with my new body and weight and felt very self consious.

The past week I had to decide that I need to accept my body during this pregnancy no matter what. That there really is a baby in there (with no kicks ect and no ultra sound since 6 weeks it's hard to keep that in mind sometimes).

My husband is so sweet and tells me I'm beautiful and like you ladies is loving my new rack.

Thanks for this thread. It is encouraging to know I'm not alone and we are all fighting the same battles.