January 2016 Moms

Unbearable UTI

I'm sitting on the toilet crying because I have a UTI and it hurts so bad and I keep having to pee every 5 minutes. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow but the pain is so bad, it burns so bad I can barely walk, so should I go to the ER now or wait until my appointment tomorrow?

Re: Unbearable UTI

• When mine got pretty bad I'd drink a whole container of cranberry juicr and take a cold bath. AZO helps in the beginning too, but it sounds like yours is pretty bad :(:( do you have the kidney pains too? I believe if you get a fever you should get to the ER
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Put a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water... It will relieve the pain fast and it's safe while pregnant. Sorry, I know how bad that pain is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Heron422 said:

When mine got pretty bad I'd drink a whole container of cranberry juicr and take a cold bath. AZO helps in the beginning too, but it sounds like yours is pretty bad :(:( do you have the kidney pains too? I believe if you get a fever you should get to the ER

I think I am getting a fever but not sure because I keep getting cold shakes and goosebumps and feel warm. :'( No kidney pains, it's just really burning.
  • Put a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water... It will relieve the pain fast and it's safe while pregnant. Sorry, I know how bad that pain is.

Thank you, I'll try. And yes it's horrible :(
  • I would go to the er. That's what my midwife suggested when I couldn't get in the day of. So at least a walk in clinic.
  • Just go to the ER, that pain is the worst!
  • Jamilla9 said:

I would go to the er. That's what my midwife suggested when I couldn't get in the day of. So at least a walk in clinic.

Yeah I think I will go to the ER because I'm still sitting on the toilet and just screamed as more burning pee came out!!
  • Just go to the ER, that pain is the worst!

Yes I will, I'm literally at the point where I'm screaming on the toilet every time a tiny bit comes out because it burns.
  • You poor thing! Definitely get to the ER to get some relief! Hope they are able to help you out ASAP!
  • So sorry! I hope you go get some medicine and start feeling better soon! That pain is just miserable.
  • You poor thing! Definitely get to the ER to get some relief! Hope they are able to help you out ASAP!

Thank you so much. I've been here in the ER since I posted this for a bit over an hour already. They did a sonogram baby is fine and took my blood, they are going to put an IV antibiotic.
  • So sorry! I hope you go get some medicine and start feeling better soon! That pain is just miserable.

Thank you. They will be putting an IV antibiotic. I'm just waiting.
  • Uti's are the worst. The faster it's dealt with the better! Hope your feeling better soon. In my experience the meds kick in pretty quick!
  • They'll probably tell you this too, but drink tons of water. It helps flush stuff out of your bladder. In my experience, it's the end of the bladder emptying that hurts the worst and when you go when there's not much in your bladder. So a full bladder actually helps. Also, cranberry is great, but be careful about buying cranberry juice. Don't get cocktail or sweetened ones. Get the no sugar added kind. Sugars in the juice can actually feed the bacteria and make it take longer to get rid of it. A cranberry supplement from where you buy vitamins is a good alternative. Good luck!
  • You'll feel better soon now that they have you on an antibiotic, it seriously works practically right away! It's always better to get treated for a UTI immediately, because the pain is so bad for something so easily treated and if you leave it too long it can spread to your bladder and eventually kidneys which is NOT as benign!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • UTI pain is the absolute worst! It feels like peeing knives and the throbbing? So awful. Hope you feel better fast!
  • Hey yall. Update. They gave me antibiotic pills to take twice a day for a week called macrobid which is the only antibiotic used during pregnancy. I took one at the hospital and am feeling way better, already home, about to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is even better! Thank you to everyone. Much love xo.