Pregnant after a Loss

Early U/S inconclusive

I had my first u/s today. A gestational sac and yolk sac were there, but no fetal pole yet. I know it's not a cause to lose hope completely, but I'm already feeling so much anxiety and it was so deflating.

The dr seemed to not be concerned, but I feel confident in my ovulation date. I guess we will see next week.

My husband just keeps telling me "think positive" and I'm being"glass half empty". He is probably right but I just don't feel like he understands my perspective right now. He doesn't understand how much I needed today to go smooth to ease my mind a tiny bit.

If you've read this far, thank you. I just needed to get this out somewhere and we haven't shared the news yet.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Early U/S inconclusive

• Oh, by my calculation I'm 5w6d today.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Men never understand. If it makes you feel any better, my doctor won't do an ultrasound until after six weeks because he says that he won't see a baby. Sending positive, calming thoughts your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you. I go Monday again to see what we see then.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Hey there!! I am right there with you!! I went last week and I was probably around 4w4d according to my ovulation date with temping. Very eary! The only things they could determine was that the egg is implanted in the right spot and that it was nice and round shape, which typically means he/she is in good shape! Fingers crossed!! I have another appointment on July 10th! I just keep telling the baby to "grow baby grow!"

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! Try not to worry!!! I know.... Way easier said than done! I'm guilty of over worrying too!
  • Update. I had another u/s yesterday. Growth was appropriate and there was an embryo this time, but no hb was visible. Which could mean in a few days it would be or could mean the of isn't viable. Waiting game. They took blood to check my hcg- 52k. Which is 5 doubling since June 21, but they would have expected 7-8 by the every 48 he rule. Slim not very hopeful. Although I looked on a few sites and see that while 48 hours is ideal, it can take some people 72-96 to double esp after the first couple early weeks. I have another u/s Friday 7/10 to see where we are at. I'm bracing myself for another loss. This waiting stuff sucks and honestly I'm not sure I want early u/s in the future if we decide to try again bc I feel like it's adding to my stress.

Babyberg I hope friday goes great for you.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• My levels didn't quite double either. Thinking of you and praying like crazy for you!
  • Thank you. Today I feel hopeful.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Unfortunately that's all we can do most of the time, but it probably helps our babies more than we realize. Feeling hopeful for you, too, enjoy this good day!
  • Well, good news- there is a hb!

Not great news- it's low and growth is a bit slower than ideal.

So dr sent me home with a paper called 'what to expect in case of a miscarriage'

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Oops pushed post too soon. Dr said it can go either way but wanted me to be prepared for an early loss (my prior loss was 2nd tri). So more wait and see.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Praying for you.  I hope that it all turns out positive. 

• Thank you.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Update: heartbeat was se as last week and no growth. So dr said 99.5% chance of m/c and he has not seen any other outcome in this situation. U/S Wednesday to see if hb is gone then I have to decide if I want d&c or to m/c naturally. Leaning toward d&c bc it was so smooth last time and my body hung on to my last loss with no bleeding or spotting ever do I don't know if I can wait this out for weeks. But maybe I'll m/c naturally before that. Who knows.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• kimey1kimey1 member
    @MWoodside I'm so sorry. 
  • I am so sorry!
  • Well the heart finally stopped as confirmed today via u/s so I have a d&c tomorrow.

I wish all you well.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• I am so sorry for your loss.  Something very similar happened to me last September so my heartbreaks for you.  Sending you thoughts and prayers your way.

<<Hugs>>
  • @MWoodside I just felt like I was reading my own story as I read this thread. I to, have experienced two MMC's. The first one happened in June of 2014 and then the last unfortunate one happened at 9.5 weeks when I went thinking I was 11 and shocked by the US tech and doctor unable to detect a fetal HB. I am currently pregnant again and have had two ultrasounds. I feel the same way each time another one is scheduled. Like my FIRST pregnancy that turned into a MC I have a small subchorionic hematoma and I don't even know how to feel right now. I want to be excited but, I feel like I have been robbed of that completely. Prayers to you and your husband for eventually having your RAINBOW BABY!!
  • Hi, @stephstokes! I just wanted to let you know that I had a SCH that they discovered in my first trimester and stuck around so far into my second that I got used to it and quit asking about it! Do they have you on pelvic rest? The good news is that by the time I remembered and checked on it again, they told me that it was so small that they didn't see it on ultrasounds anymore so you can get rid of it! In the meantime, just take it easy as to not irritate it/make it bleed.