Potty Training
Options

Sick of skidmarks - pleasehelp!

coadyk01coadyk01 member
edited June 2015 in Potty Training
I have not been on the message boards for quite a while now, but today, I have reached my limit and need some mommy-help!  I have a 3.5 year old daughter.  She has been "potty-trained" for about a year now.  She never pee's her pants, even through the night or naps.  But pooing has been a huge challenge!  She originally was getting constipated a lot, which made pooing hurt, which made her hold it, which blocked her up more and made it hurt more.  So we cut out most of her dairy, and on the doctor's recommendation, started giving her Miralax daily.  All this did was make her stool so soft, she couldn't really push or wipe.  So we had constant mushy poop in her underwear.  So we cut that out and went the more natural direction of apple juice and apple sauce.  This has done little to nothing.

We tried the sticker chart and reward system, but she couldn't care less.  She liked the attention when she had a win, but didn't really care if it was absent.  We tried punishment, and she didn't care about that either.  We have made her clean her dirty underwear, and she thinks it's fun.  We tried having her sit there with a tablet, hoping she would stop thinking about it and just poop on the potty, but nope.  I just don't know what else to do.  At this rate, we are going through like 6-8 pairs of underwear a day.  She starts to poop in them, and when I notice that she is hiding, or race is red, or she is starting to stink, I tell her to go sit on the potty, and she poops.  But by this time, we already have a skid mark in her underwear.  I am just so exhausted, after trying for so long, and really need some ideas or advice.  Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick of skidmarks - pleasehelp!

• Options
    Similarly my 3.75 yo DD uses regular toilets to pee. Despite rewards and minor threats, she asks for a diaper to stool. She's used the toilet to stool 2-3 times; once last week (I was hopeful but the moment passed). We've started socializing that at age 4 it will be time for her to use the toilet all the time. No reward - just so. :) Actually I see that's 1 month away... time will tell how it goes!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.