Trouble TTC

Looking for support

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth and I am 26 years old. My husband and I have been ttc since October 2013. This has been one long journey. It all began when I was 16 and would get my period every other month. I thought nothing of it. I told my doctor and she put me on birth control to help regulate my periods. After 3 years of being on birth control I decided to stop taking the pill. My periods were regular after being on birth control for so many years. I met my husband in 2010 and started taking the pill again.

Fast forward to October 2013~
My husband and I decided we wanted ttc. I stopped taking the pill and would still get my period. My period would come every month but it would be off a week or two. After the first month of being off the pill I began to experience pain on my ovaries. I went to the doctor and they told me I have a cyst on my ovary and its normal and every women gets cyst. My doctor said everything would be fine... So moving forward I began to gain weight and feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin. We were still ttc and nothing was happening. I still had pain on my ovary and the doctors wouldn't do anything about it. I was frustrated, depressed, and hopeless.

After doing research myself and seeing different doctors they kept telling me I was fine I was just overweight. (Because that always make a women feel better about herself). I couldn't take the pain and all these terrible things different doctors were telling me I decided to see one last doctor. This doctor was amazing!! She diagnosed me with PCOS in February 2015. She started me on metformin right away.

My doctor has no doubt in her mind that I can concieve. She wants the metformin to do its job. She said in a few months we can talk about clomid.

I just don't have the patience anymore. I understand it will happen when it happens but it has been a long journey and I know this is only the beginning.

I have been depressed and hopeless the last couple days and I finally found myself looking for a support group of some sort.

Any advice or support from someone who has been in my shoes before?

I would love to hear from support.

Re: Looking for support

• Hello Elizabeth. I am so sorry that you have gone through all of this. IF sucks!!!

On a positive note you have finally found a doctor that you trust, which is great. My DH and I have been trying since Dec. 2013, so I know what you are going through with all the emotions. Most of us on here are in the same boat as you. It is uplifting that your Dr. has no doubt that you will get pregnant. As hard as it is try and see some positive in all of this. Trust me it is very hard, but I try and think of how amazing it will be once I get that BFP. The more we stress the harder it is to get pregnant, so try doing things you like. Focus on yourself! We are here for you and are all here to support each other.

Also, you hired your Dr., so if you want to move along faster then let them know. If you want to skip steps, such as IUI and go straight to IVF you can, obviously depending on your insurance. I only tried 2 IUI's and after that I said I wanted to move to IVF, because I didn't want to waste more time. If it was up to me I would have been pregnant last year. We can't plan the future, so as hard as it is try and stay positive and enjoy the good things in life that you do have such as your DH. Message me if you need to chat.
    Kristy
  • Thank you so much. It is so hard to stay positive. I see all my friends having no trouble getting pregnant when they want. I just want that test to be positive!! It's nice to finally be somewhere and talk to someone who is going though the same thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Trust me I'm not positive all the time. I have ups and downs but I've learned to not be jealous of those around me who are pregnant. My time will come when the time is right.

It is definitely nice to go through this with others. :). The shots haven't been bad and I have my first doctors appt tomorrow morning to check out my follicles. Hope all goes well with that. So where are you at with everything?
    Kristy
  • I am kind of in the same situation. I was given the run around for YEARS because I'm skinny. I was told my pains were STDs and when the tests always came back negative, my doctors left it at that and didn't look further. I finally found someone who diagnosed me with PCOS. I struggle with people around me getting pregnant so easily. I try to tell myself that everything lines up in life when it's due and to enjoy myself and live life in the now. I try to really appreciate and enjoy all the things in my pre-kid life that I won't have for a while once a baby comes (SLEEP, expendable cash, last minute trips, long hot showers with the hubs, etc). Putting myself in this mindset REALLY helps! I don't want to waste my time yearning for the future (too much :D) when I should enjoy what I have now. I know I'll look back on these days and miss the sleep and that weekend trip to Portland where I called in sick on Friday while waiting to board my plane, etc. Chin up! I know it's hard, and you can be upset but don't let it consume you.

Good luck with clomid! How are you adjusting to the metformin? I hope it's helping with your cycles!