October 2015 Moms

Hiccups

LelainevsLelainevs member
edited June 2015 in October 2015 Moms
im 26 weeks and I just started to feel my little one getting the hiccups. Now she's getting them 2/3 times a day. They only last a few minutes but I'm Wondering if this is normal...worried something could be wrong.

Re: Hiccups

• I've yet to feel then with dd2 but with dd1 every time I ate she would get them. Literally every. single. time. Lol. It is normal for them to get hiccups in the womb and baby will probably have them frequently at first outside of the womb as they learn to regulate their breathing
  • Loading the player...
  • CarmofrapCarmofrap member
    edited June 2015
    totally normal! my son would get them every night at bedtime and he'd bump into my bladder every time he hiccuped so it would be several minutes of constant bathroom trips. haha. He'd get them randomly through the day but almost every night right at bedtime. It was cute. He came out and hiccuped a lot on the outside too but seems to ahve outgrown it now
  • When they hiccup is it like a jumping feeling? I don't think I have felt my little one hiccup yet I'm also 26 weeks
  • Both of my daughters had hiccups several times a day. I can't remember how far along I was though. You will be able to tell the difference when it is hiccups :)
  • cmjn94cmjn94 member
    It never occurred to me that he would hiccup! I'll have to pay attention now! How cute. ☺️
  • Thank you guys for the reply. And yes you can tell a difference it's like a constant rhythmic thumping.
  • I just ate and I'm feeling this steady hiccup....the best way to differentiate is that movements are sporadic....these feel rhythmic to me. I hope that helps. I'm so excited to feel this lol
  • Ugh. I still can't decipher between hiccups and her regular movement? (25w3d) I keep hearing "you'll know when it's hiccups." Well if that were true, I would say without a doubt my girl never hiccups! (I know that's just not true). What is the big difference between the two? All I feel is movement and can never tell a straight up difference?
  • Ugh. I still can't decipher between hiccups and her regular movement? (25w3d) I keep hearing "you'll know when it's hiccups." Well if that were true, I would say without a doubt my girl never hiccups! (I know that's just not true). What is the big difference between the two? All I feel is movement and can never tell a straight up difference?

Mine has not had any hiccups. I just get jabs, kicks and the occasional summer sault.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hiccups are great news, when I had preterm labor with my son at 27 weeks the Drs would come in and watch the ultrasound and wait for hiccups. It shows that their diaphragm is working properly. I feel them all the time, they are on a rhythm, that's the only way I can differentiate.