August 2015 Moms
Options

Super anxious. Anyone else??

mpesce05mpesce05 member
edited June 2015 in August 2015 Moms
I am 35 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. I have been told the baby has dropped and is low in my pelvis. So I'm thinking it's getting close! Especially with all my Braxton hicks! Then I read up and it's no guarentee that the baby will come soon. This could possibly be the longest 5 weeks! So anxious to know when it's gonna happen, how it's gonna happen, and where. Any advice?? I know I should just take it easy and enjoy these last few weeks but I'm so anxious!

Re: Super anxious. Anyone else??

• Options
    I'm 33 weeks and baby just dropped this weekend. Sadly it's no indication of when LO will arrive. My best advice is super lame and is just to relax. Chances are you'll be at home when the time comes.

I'm just sorry we must be uncomfortable for so long haha
  • Options
    Ughhh. I'm right there with you. FTM, 35 weeks, 3 centimeters dilated, and 90% effaced as of yesterday. Doctor says within the month. Part of me is ready to meet her and the other part is so worried about labor and having everything ready. Holy anxiety though. So no advice, just saying I feel your pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's good to know I'm not alone!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I just had an AFI, and in the words of my tech... My baby's face is scrunched up against my pelvis... Not comfy for me and I have no clue how that's comfy for him, lol! I hope he doesn't plan to park it there for the next month ;)
  • Options
    I've found that a light workout helps my anxiety tremendously. Even just a short walk around the block or a few minutes on the elliptical. It really helps ease my mind.

Also, I like to make a mental checklist of things I want to get done during the day. (Just simple things - unload dishwasher, put baby clothes away, etc.) I guess I am task-oriented and it makes me feel accomplished/keeps my mind busy while I'm getting things done.

Good luck - I know how you feel. We will be meeting our little babes before we know it!
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Worrying (for me) only makes things worse. I find it best if I sort of ignore labor for now, and "cross that bridge when I get to it." Trying to enjoy every day for what it is, then get through the delivery process, which, in reality is really a very small portion of your life.. And then, finally take my fluffy baby home, and pray all the while!:) I'm sure it'll get harder the closer it gets, but just try to stay calm, I've heard it's one of the best things that you can do to help delivery. Try not to freak out, and maintain as positive an outlook as you can for as long as you can. It's very different for everyone! Best of luck to you!!