Has anyone else ever used the Chinese gender predictor, was it right? — The Bump
January 2016 Moms

Has anyone else ever used the Chinese gender predictor, was it right?

I hope so because I'm ftm and it says a boy :)
treeblackman

Best Answer

Answers

• When I was pregnant with my son, within our family and my friends there were 6 pregnancies at the same time and it was right for all of them :) I know it's just for fun, but it was interesting to see it work for so many at the same time. And when you ask other moms it sounds like quite a few say it was right. :)
    I had a boy first and he's a blast!! Congrats either way!
    nysahH
  • cawalpcawalp
    250 Love Its 100 Comments 5 Answers Name Dropper
    Also a ftm and the gender chart was wrong for me. It said girl and blood test told me it's a boy.
    MissMelisa
  • nysahHnysahH
    25 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    Omg! I always wanted a boy but you know the myth it's always the opposite of what you really want. I hope so but something in me feels like it will be a girl.
  • nysahHnysahH
    25 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thanks!!! Btw
  • Well the Chinese gender chart told me a girl the ramzi theory told me a girl and my boyfriend said girl....I wanted a girl and I felt in my heart it was a girl!

Blood test confirmed it was a girl!
    jgregory0215andreachristine81SerenaKB
  • Lol- it was correct with both pregnancies so far! I don't know if I 100% believe in it, but I held on to the excitement of confirming.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2yy733m.jpg[/IMG]
  • It was right for my first, but not 2 & 3. This time it's saying girl. Figure we have a 50% shot.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • I know its all just for a bit of fun, but i was definitely excited when it said girl and I have just had it confirmed today :)
  • The Chinese Gender chart said girl, but all of the old wive's tales pointed towards boy...blood test says girl!

BabyFruit Ticker
    jgregory0215
  • It was right for me (first time, not sure yet about this time) and for my sister and two of my friends. We actually haven't had it be wrong yet - I like those odds
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/23lclcp.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm a STM and it was right for first one. This time it's more confusing because I'd have to know if we conceived before or after my birthday. Before my birthday: boy, after: girl! I don't know??? Lol
    jgregory0215
  • xllovexllove
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    It was right for my first 2 (boys) and this time says girl! I will hopefully know in 3 days :)
    andreachristine81
  • ashhsaashhsa
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    @CBWifey I'm in the exact same boat. I conceived right around, potentially on my birthday, so I'm not certain of what age I was!
  • I was right for my first baby. This time around it says girl. I *think* we're going to be team green again this time. So I won't know until January of it is again correct.
  • All 5 of my pregnancies were correct!! It's crazy, lol! I hope it's correct this time too!! Says boy.. I'll know in two weeks!! So far we have girl, girl, girl, boy and girl... I'd love another boy
  • Wrong for me. Said boy and I'm having a girl
  • nysahH said:

It was wrong for both of mine have you tried the nub theory??
  • sck601sck601
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper

nysahH said:

It was wrong for both of mine have you tried the nub theory??
    I heard the HB theory was more accurate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Snoopylovesbelle you know i was totally joking right lol
  • edited July 2015

@Snoopylovesbelle you know i was totally joking right lol

Yes lol :\">
    The posters before you who brought this back to life
    sarah92544sck601
  • From my 8 week scan im pretty sure im having a kangaroo rat lol
    jgregory0215hvtangjessielynn1elackey1
  • It was correct for me, my sister, and my two best friends.
  • Why would people encourage this?
    Snoopylovesbellesarah92544sck601
  • xllovexllove
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    edited July 2015
    The Bump had a Chinese gender chart 'for fun'. Maybe you should ask them why they offer it on their website? @Snoopylovesbelle
    mypeeps27
  • So, this doesn't take into account hermaphrodites or boy/girl multiple combos.
    RepeatPostPolicePaige6410
  • xllove said:

The Bump had a Chinese gender chart 'for fun'. Maybe you should ask them why they offer it on their website? @Snoopylovesbelle

What?
  • Well, we were having fun with it....
    jgregory0215
  • @xllove what's the issue?
  • kylelee23kylelee23
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    edited July 2015
    @RepeatPostPolice My post wasn't targeted at you or any having fun with the thread. It was to those answering op question seriously with their own experiences.

Edit: I'm all about da fun.
    RepeatPostPoliceSnoopylovesbellenickicb7
  • Lol @kylelee23 my posts were aimed at the call-out above, not you :)
    Snoopylovesbelle
  • So, this doesn't take into account hermaphrodites or boy/girl multiple combos.

Or transsexuals.
    indibiduleMyelhsa