September 2015 Moms
Options

UTI.. PLEASE HELP :(

I have had UTI's before I was pregnant so know what they feel like... I have been having symptoms (Freq. Urination and pain) for a couple days now. Last night things got worse, just was extremly uncomfortable so I called my Doctor. They advised me to come in and get checked out, when I showed up to the dr this morning they said Appt only, and whoever told me to come in was wrong that I could just show up... LONG STORY SHORT... I cant get in to see a doctor for another 2 days and am in alot of discomfort. Have been drinking fluids and cranberry for the last 4 days NON-STOP...

Does anyone know anything else I can do/take to help?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    hfloddhflodd member
    Thank you ladies, very frustrating just having to be in pain... especially sitting at work all day :|
  • Options
    hfloddhflodd member
    edited June 2015
    I have Kaiser so am not able to just go anywhere :( I wish I could.. thanks for all your help I am going to take some tylenol and hope i survive, am going to go to Urgent care at 5:30 tonight... seems so far away
  • Options
    You could also use online doctor scheduling sites (like ZocDoc) to see if a PCP in your area has an opening today and can see you. UTIs I can be a serious thing especially if the infection spreads to your kidneys.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, UTIs are not good, especially when pregnant. I'm shocked your doctor wouldn't get you in sooner. When I thought I might have one I was able to get in within a few hours to get checked out. If your OB won't give you an earlier appointment, you can see any general care doctor or Minute Clinic who can prescribe you what you need.
  • Options
    Try cranberry pills. That with lots of water and cranberry juice (not cocktail) usually makes mine go away as I try to avoid antibiotics if at all possible. I think it's horrible that your doctor wouldn't see you asap as it can get worse and lead to kidney infection.