Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Shorter Cycle

So this month fertility friend shows that o date was roughly cd 10 and my cycle only being 23 days. I am kinda in a panic since my shortest cycle has been 28 days and my average cycle is usually 31-32 days. I know it's normal to have change in your cycles once in awhile I am just curious if they'll continue to be this way. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I go by ff for o date?

Chart: https://fertilityfriend.com/home/547928

Thanks for any input given!!! :)

Re: Shorter Cycle

• Options
    hboazhboaz member
    edited June 2015
    It looks like since you missed entering any temps between CD 12-13 FF is estimating that you O'd on CD10 as that is the best info they have to go off of. The dotted crosshairs mean that there were some discrepancies (or in your case, missing data) so FF is unable to accurately see when you O'd. It could realistically have happened on CD10-13. Try not to miss any days of temping next month and you should get more accurate crosshairs!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, this happens. Did you come of birth control recently? Because your body might still be adjusting.

BFP #1: Nov. '12 - Bunny born in July '13
    BFP #2: July '15 - Goodbye, Kitty

Benched.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need to be better at temping over the weekends. I never wake up around the time I do m-f so I always assume any temp would not be accurate for chart.

@Rabbitheart15 I have not been on bc for at least 3 years. I feel like my temps are just everywhere month to month.
  • Options
    Are you checking secondary signs that can confirm that O?  CM, CP or OPKs?  It looks promising though!!
  • Options
    @kgbbsc7 this may be tmi and I apologize. I have tried recording cm but I never feel like there is any change or enough to make a clear distinguish. I am torn between trying opk. Have you used them before? Seem like it helps you understand cycle better?
  • Options

Have you tried checking internally?  Also, try checking after you poop (usually easier to get to). 

• Options
    edited June 2015
    twhip25 said:

@kgbbsc7 this may be tmi and I apologize. I have tried recording cm but I never feel like there is any change or enough to make a clear distinguish. I am torn between trying opk. Have you used them before? Seem like it helps you understand cycle better?

Use them! This cycle was my first and I just used dollar store opk's. It really helped me to pinpoint ovulation along with my temps. I highly recommend using them, Especially because ovulation is pinpointed after 3 higher temps. Catching your surge or having positive opk's helps you time sex, the temp rise shows your ovulation day.

Also temp whenever you wake up on the weekends. Ideally you shills set your alarm and temp the same time on the weekends...you can always go back to sleep. Not temping at all on the weekends really leaves holes in your chart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hboazhboaz member
    twhip25 said:

I need to be better at temping over the weekends. I never wake up around the time I do m-f so I always assume any temp would not be accurate for chart.

Yes, make sure you get those temps in! For the most accurate data it's important that you take your temp the same time every day, so most ladies here will set their alarm pretty early and then just go back to sleep. It's actually recommended that you take your temp while still "half asleep" to get the most accurate reading of a waking temp. I set my alarm for 5:00 every morning, take my temp, and then go back to sleep until I need to be up for work - same time on the weekends. Good luck! :)
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I will set my alarm I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't wake up to just temp so I think that's why I never did..good to know that you all do!!

• Options
    I have only been TTC 1 cycle, but the OPKs are super helpful. You can even get Wondfo ones from Amazon for super cheap so you don't feel like you're peeing away money. :)
  • Options
    @katetastrophem when lurking recently I have seen these mentioned. If I don't get my bfp this cycle I may look into these! Ty for recommendation. Good luck!!