April 2015 Moms

2 month typical vs atypical development-can your baby do this

ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
edited June 2015 in April 2015 Moms
Someone on May posted a video and it's stressing me out.  My DD can't lift her head when on her belly.  She just lets her face fall down into the mat and she screams.

I tried to include the link but can't figure it out.

Any input about lifting head from tummy on the floor? :(

Re: 2 month typical vs atypical development-can your baby do this

• If you compare your babies development with other peoples you will drive yourself nuts. Your doctor is the best person to contact about developmental concerns but if you are looking online you should may more attention to "when should my baby be able to lift his head by). There will always be babies who do things early and those are the ones mommies and daddies post for the world to see. Don't stress
  • Every baby grows at their own rate my daughter can't lift her head up too much on belly time but she can hold her head up when I carry her, she's not that wobbly. She moves a lot and turns half way. So don't stress it
  • Loading the player...
  • Can she lift her head while lying on your chest or if you wind her across your lap does she lift it? If so then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Yes, she seems to be okay with that, so hopefully! We have our 2-month appointment today.
  • My little one started holding her head really quick and is even better on the floor with tummy time but all baby's grow and learn at different rates she/he may be slow at this but may exceed in other things xx
  • Try using a nursing pillow. My little one found that easier to hold her head and then she got better at holding her head when she was on the floor. Every child will go at their own pace, so try not to compare