December 2015 Moms
Options

gallstones while pregnant

does anyone also have gallstones? I've had mine for a while, hardly ever have attacks but just last night they started, does anyone know some good ways to ease the pain?

Re: gallstones while pregnant

• Options
    The only relief I got during an attack for going straight to the ER! the pain was worse then labor!
  • Options
    I had them with my first pregnancy. It was awful!!! I had to be on a very strict diet so i wouldnt have the attacks as frequently. I had my gallbladder out 3 months after my son was born. One attack was so bad i went to the hospital and they admitted me to the maternity ward and gave me morphine. All i can say is change your diet as much as possible and stay away from trans fat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only had one attack while I was pregnant and it was on the day of my baby shower and it lasted 12 hours! after I had my daughter I had more attacks and everytime I went to the hospital so they could give me something for the pain.. The last one I had they gave me emergency surgery and removed it 4 months after having my daughter! Get it removed ASAP it's such a huge pain
  • Options
    I had them my first pregnancy. I changed my diet as Dr ordered, but nothing was calming my pain. I'd drink water and I'd start having excruciating pain. Two months after DD was born, I got those suckers taken out although then I had to deal with air sockets that caused me even more pain for 2 more weeks.
    Conclusion... I freaking hate gallstones.
  • Options
    Ugh, thankfully I got my gallbladder removed before my first but it was bad enough pre-pregnancy. I'd hate to deal with them pregnant. I agrees with what others have said, try to avoid fatty greasy foods or anything else you notice makes it worse. I used to find during an attack laying in the bottom of the bathtub with either some cool or warm water (it varied each time what helped most). My OB had approved low heat as long as it was on my back and I didn't allow my body temp to rise too much.
  • Options
    I have attacks now and my previous pregnancy and the only thing that helped was zofran, but I'm nervous to take that again because of the new law suit.