January 2016 Moms
Options

Taking prenatal plus other stuff?

Are any of you taking Rainbow Light Prenantal One? Is anyone supplementing DHA on top of it or anything else it's missing? I was never told by my doctor much besides just to take a prenatal (she wasn't very specific). Are you adding anything on? I know I'm going to discuss it with my doc in a week but I was just curious.

Re: Taking prenatal plus other stuff?

• Options
    Yes exactly that brand, plus I'm using rainbow lights omegalicious omega-3 Gummies with dha and vit c. I dint want to buy any other omega 3 vitamin because they all had stuff the prenatal one had in it and too much of some vitamins is bad.
  • Options
    My One-a-Day has DHA. My doctor added a vitamin D supplement too because my blood work showed it was low.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take my doc approved pre-natal vitamin, a calcium +D, and fiber supplements. The calcium is because I like my teeth to remain in my head and the wives tale of one child = one lost tooth scared the heck out of me. 

TMI:
    The fiber is a little more obvious I think, but you need to take care of your rectum before AND after your child is born. The last thing you want to do while your baby's weight is sitting on your rectum or while you are trying to heal from birth is strain.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh boy.  Do I take vitamins and other stuff.  I was "just" taking a prenatal with DHA, extra fish oil, and calcium.  My doctor did bloodwork and found my B and D levels were low, so now I take a high-powered vitamin packet that has 7 (yes, SEVEN) pills, plus a separate capsule of 10,000 IU of D3.  It's pretty ridiculous, but I trust her so whatever.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    I take Rainbow Light Prenatal One as well as Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA.. doesn't have any cross over with what's already in the Rainbow Light
  • Options
    I take Similac prenatals. My dr added a vitamin d & folic acid supplement. Appearantly folic acid helps your vitamin d levels.
  • Options
    matrymatry member
    I am kind supplement obsessed, even before pregnancy. Right now I'm taking a twice a day multi (forgot the brand) and folate separately because my acupuncturist didn't have a prenatal without iron. I also take a probiotic, fish oil, 5,000 iui vitamin D twice/week, and magnesium before bed to help prevent migraines. Some days I end up passing on the fish oil though because I don't feel I can stomach them.
  • Options
    I take the Honest prenatal one a day which is loaded with extras all by itself, I also take their DHA fish oil (new formula, no burps or tummy issues) and I take a baby aspirin to stave off Pre E which I'm high risk for. Dr. approved. 
  • Options
    I take Rainbow Light Complete (I think that's what it's called). It is a pack with two different pills, one being the DHA supplement. I have also been taking their calcium supplement. I want to keep those bones strong!
  • Options
    I love Rainbow Light! So easy on the stomach! I also take a DHA supplement and an extra folic acid. My Dr said Rainbow Light had enough folic acid but it won't hurt to take extra so I do.