January 2016 Moms

Pregnancy app/book recs for partner?

I'm looking for a good pregnancy app or book recommendation for my husband. Does anyone's partner have something that they feel is useful?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Dude you're gonna be a dad. I think we got it as an ebook on Amazon or iBook
  • The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas (my husband read this one)
     -The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth (My husband and I read this one. This is really good also if you end up having to go to the hospital and want to still make decisions)

-Hearts and Hands (This is a Midwive's Guide that my mom and I read. This was a pretty in-depth one, I just liked it because I was a bio major (:
     -Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (This one feels a little "hippy" (or "granola", I guess), but the birth stories helped me be less nervous about a home birth)

These are all from my friend who just gave birth. She did a home birth, so some may not apply, and lots of these were for her husband who acted as her doula, so might not be what you're looking for, but they are good resources to have for when we get closer to birth.
  • cawalpcawalp member
    @kmamaw2
    I got this for my husband and started reading it just to see what it was saying. Most of it was good advice but there was one line that said something like 'make sure she sknows you still expect dinner to be a ready and a foot rub when you get home from work'. I almost trashed it right there.
  • I got my husband: Pregnancy for Men, the Whole Nine Months by Mark Woods. It was written by a British guy, so if he can get over some of the slang terms it's really funny. It talks men through everything from the first weeks until after the baby is born. DH reads it at night before going to bed and spends a lot of time laughing then reading funny parts out loud to me. Highly recommended!