January 2016 Moms

Glucose test

have any of you other moms to be had your glucose test done yet? I am only 11 weeks and everyone I know is telling me that it's weird and they normally don't do it that early.

Re: Glucose test

• Mine is scheduled for late September. I'll be just about 26 weeks.

***BFP and Loss Mentioned in Siggy***

Me: 39 (PCOS)
    DH: 47 (slightly low volume...considered MFI)
    TTC since 11/2012
    10/2013:  IUI#1 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75mg shots of Bravelle, ovidril trigger...1 follicle
    11/14/13: IUI#2 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75 mg shots of Bravelle, ovidrill trigger..2 follicles

IVF #1 w/ICSI:  ER 3/12/14; ET 3/17/14:  BFP!!!  Beta #1 3/31/14=1540;  Beta #2 4/2/14 =2551

Twin A became an angel on 4/30/14 (8w6d)

Twin B became an angel on 5/21/14 (11w6d)

D&C 5/23/14

FET#1 - 9/2/14 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (9/15): 926.  Beta #2 (9/17): 1946.

MC -9/20/14
    FET#2 - 4/20/15 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (5/4): 1277.  Beta #2 (5/6): 2817.  US#5 -153 heartbeat.
    Due Date: January 6, 2016
  • I had it at 10 weeks and if I pass I will have it again around 26-28. I'm high risk due to my weight. Did you Dr tell you why they are doing it early?
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to have mine done early this time and never did w/ my other 2.  I was told it was b/c I fail my 1 hours and pass my 3 hours and b/c DS was big.  I was kind of upset but whatev...I did it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I had an early glucose test, as well. I took it at about 10 weeks with the OB panel they usually run - everything came back great. My mother had gestational diabetes with 2/4 of her pregnancies. I think they suggest an early one to some moms because they're just being safe rather than sorry. They'll have me re-do the glucose test later on, because it can still present itself later in pregnancy (even if tested early).

P.S. @willashbaby I didn't realize our due dates were so close together! My EDD is Jan. 14th
  • My first pregnancy it wasn't until 24 weeks.
  • babybluubabybluu member
    edited June 2015
    I'm doing one today or tomorrow. Here they do one at 13 weeks and again at 28 weeks, which I think is the one you do the nasty drinK.

Forgot to mention the only reason I'm having mine done at 13 weeks was because I was on metformin till now and that causes false positives apparently. Otherwise I would have had it done around 6-8 weeks with the rest of my bloodwork
  • Mine is scheduled at week 20. They may want to run one at different points of your pregnancy. I know a few people have them early then at 26-30 weeks.
  • I had it at 9 weeks to get a baseline and will get it again at 28 weeks. Some doctors just do that as a precaution, others do it if you're high risk or have diabetes in the family.
  • I'm 28w4d and just took mine today!
    I wrote about it on my blog, with a Q&A also, if anyone wants to read about an experience and maybe get some questions answered!
    Enjoy ladies! :)
    FTM expecting a Baby Girl on September 17th, 2015! Follow my pregnancy journey on Instagram at @bump.tobaby!
  • Update. I'm 13 weeks and they made me take my one hour glucose test today, AND I had to drink the orange drink. Definitely wasn't expecting that.
  • I did mine at 9 weeks because I have a pretty big family history of diabetes on both sides of the family. I wasn't expecting it and already ate 2 panera bagels (total of 120 grams of carbs) since I was throwing up 7-11 times a day and that was the only thing I could get down. Then they had me do that test by also drinking that glucola. I was nervous but they had me do it anyways. Luckily it came out perfect. :)
  • I live in the NL, they don't do glucose tests here unless there is suspicion that you might be suffering from gestational diabetes. I didn't have a glucose test with my first pregnancy and don't expect to this time around either. Did the doctor recommend doing it earlier for you? Do you have a history of GD, or in the family?
    About me: Daughter turns 4 in Feb 2016... second baby due in mid-Jan 2016!   
  • I got my paperwork for the 2 hour test yesterday at my 12 week appt. I've had GD twice and my A1C is borderline diabetic. Hoping I don't already have it :(
  • @EmberMoon I hope that everything goes well!
  • I had mine at 9 weeks. My dad is a diabetic so they wanted to test me early.
  • I am suppose to do it before my appointment next week 1 will be 12 weeks.  My dr likes to get baseline numbers so she knows where your "normal" is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agghh! We have the same EDD :)