March 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone already for another!?!?

I'm a FTM and already starting to think about having my second. My baby is 14 weeks. Am I insane?!? Haha.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone already for another!?!?

• Options
    EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    Not insane, but my ds has been such an easy baby compared to my first.  If I had had him first, the second one would have come much sooner…they are 4 years apart.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine too so far @EDWHIP ! (3 yrs apart)
    This second baby makes me want a third... But only if I could guarantee it would be like #2 and not #1!! Haha, no guarantees in life so I suppose we will wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want another too and my LO is 16 wks! my DH said if I want a new car (aka my Momma car) then baby #2 needs to wait on the trying til next summer. I can handle that
  • Options
    Not on your nelly!

I want to get my body back and catch up with this one first! All my GP ever goes on about is contraception and how terrible it would be for me to get pregnant again so soon... Aren't there certain health risks with not waiting until you have fully recovered and lost the excess weight?

I guess there are definite plus sides to having such a close age gap. We want to wait about three years and there is a part of me that fears this could be more difficult but each parent's situation is different. I want to graduate and find a better paid job and make sure we can afford it. Plus my first was a surprise and it has been hard to adjust so I want to make sure I am mentally together before having another!

My little one's birth was so traumatic for me that I can't even consider conceiving again at the moment. The idea of being pregnant again makes me panic.
  • Options
    No, no, and no. I want time to enjoy my baby before adding another baby to our family. She and my first are 5 years apart and I'm glad i spaced them out. My son is very independent and it's made it a lot easier caring for a newborn. I don't want to space the next baby out quite that much but i do want to at least begin or get my daughter potty trained before having another baby. Maybe in 2 to 3 years. Quite honestly we don't have the room or the money to have another baby right now.
  • Options
    Nope and nope.  While I do make the comments that my baby is growing up too fast, the end of pregnancy takes such a toll on me that I don't know if I can handle it again.  I've had two c-sections in 2 years and that's a lot to recover from.  I like having two, too.  They can be playmates when they're a little older and hubby and I can still play 'man to man' defense when needed. :)  A third for us would also be a HUGE expense, from medical to needing to get at least one new car if not two to fit everyone & all the 'stuff' kids need/have.  I couldn't be happier with the two that I have.  Love them both more than I could ever imagine.
  • Options
    @emsillick Yes, the recommendation is to wait 18 months between pregnancies to decrease the chance of preterm labor. That being said, recommendations and reality are frequently light years apart. I'm not planning on waiting that long between pregnancies, but I'm also not hoping to get pregnant now after three months. But I do think about the next one with eager anticipation, even if I know I should wait.
  • Options
    Definitely already planning baby number two. We've been really blessed with a well behaved first baby, so maybe I'm delusional thinking I can handle two. I definitely want to lose more weight and try to get my body back some more before I do this all over again. I know 18 months is ideal, but I have a feeling it may be more like 12-18 months. Time will tell!
  • Options
    I most deff. Dnt want another kid right now. If not ever. I have 4 and am only 23. MY kids are 6,2,1 and 2 months. Its actually really hard on your body when u have kids that close. I would of loved to have my kids spaced out, but i guess god had other plans for me on that. :D but i wouldnt change it for the world.
  • Options
    Kelsw6Kelsw6 member
    Yes! Our son is almost 16weeks and we want another baby already. I'm EBF so not sure how quickly I'll get pregnant, but DH and I have not tried preventing it for the past 4weeks. We will see. :)
  • Options
    ellageloellagelo member
    edited July 2015
    Im a ftm too and thinking about getting pregnant again is the last thing i want in my life right now. Although i had my baby at the right age, it was unplanned and me and my bf doesnt have a stable job yet. If a woman wants to have more babies she has to be mentally and financially ready first because being a mother is a big responsibility that you have to carry for the rest of your life. During my pregnancy days i experienced pupp aka pregnancy rash and after giving birth it went away but stretch marks replaced them. Recovering from cs is not a joke too, plus adjusting to your new life as a full time mom is also challenging. On the bright side im still thankful that god has given me a healthy and cute baby boy.
  • Options
    @ellagelo I had PUPPP too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I had too go on steroids at 37 weeks as I wasn't sleeping and my body was covered in blood from all the scratching. I still have scars now and like you, so scared of it coming back in another pregnancy.

Had a 5 day induction and multiple issues in labour but PUPPP was by far the worst part!
  • Options
    The scars fade over time i just use jergens ultra healing lotion and a whitening cream on obvious scars, but the pupp marks on my waist was replaced by many stretch marks.. It was very unfortunate for me having that rash because i live in a hot and humid country so the rash and itching was worse. I had to shower twice a day and use all those prescibed by my dermatologist. So in my case i would consider having mu second child maybe 4yrs frm now when im fully ready :)
  • Options
    soxgurlsoxgurl member
    edited July 2015
    Love love love my baby girl! She's amazing and perfect and such a good baby. She had 2 teeth Pop through this week and all she did to show symptoms was wake up a bunch at night, not extra crying no extra fussiness, nothing. She smiles all day and makes me smile. With that being said I could never imagine having another baby right now if not ever. It's a lot of work and it's hard. Not to mention I had a difficult pregnancy and a really difficult labor. Good luck to everyone who is on their way to another! Extra smiles to look forward to!
  • Options
    Definitely not! One and done for me! :)
  • Options
    My baby is awesome, I had an easy pregnancy and a very quick labour. My daughter is so well behaved and sleeps well. But nope, not ready yet. Ask me again in a year!
  • Options

My baby is awesome, I had an easy pregnancy and a very quick labour. My daughter is so well behaved and sleeps well. But nope, not ready yet. Ask me again in a year!

This exactly! Just revelling in each short moment with my little man now. Definitely want another but definitely not yet!
  • Options
    Once my 4 month old is out of diapers, I want to start trying. Im not diapering two kids unless I had twins lol.
  • Options
    No. Nononononononononononononono.
    My LO is such a good baby, but there is no way I can handle 3 kids under 4 years old. Maybe in three years, but probably not. If I wasn't such a high risk for preterm labor, didn't need to do weekly progesterone shots, could do a VBAC, and was 5 years younger, then things would be different. All of you that have healthy pregnancies and births are LUCKY!
  • Options
    LcastoLcasto member
    This gives me so much anxiety to think about getting pregnant right now!!! Hahaha... My two boys are 15 months apart, though. So life is freaking hectic. Got an IUD in and not planning on thinking about slither pregnant for another 4-5 years. But I know of lots of people that get pregnant one right after the other.. Just make sure your body is healthy and your doc gives you the thumbs up! ;)
  • Options
    not at all! I love my baby to death but the thought of getting pregnant and having another one makes me nauseous. My husband wants another one in a year or so but I do not want to go through this all again. One is enough for me!
  • Options
    rlucidorlucido member
    edited July 2015
    I am a FTM too and my son is just over four months and I am right there with you. I want to enjoy my time with him but I'm already thinking about baby #2. I want to try when my son is a year old. Your not insane! Everyone has their own experiences and feelings so go with you gut and have baby #2 when your ready!
  • Options
    Just found out a friend is expecting and her daughter is six months older than mine. And now I'm obsessed with the idea of getting pregnant again. Even though I KNOW it's insane!!!
  • Options
    No. No.  No. 
    I have 3 boys (4, 2, 4mos) and everyone keeps asking if I'll try for a girl. Daycare for 3 is crazy. Plus it was so hard to find someone to take all of them. Two are in diapers. If I had another, I would need to get another job!