June 2015 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/29 - 7/5

Put it all here.... Random posts & feelings.

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/29 - 7/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    are comments just disappearing? i swear i posted on this thread earlier but now its just gone?
  • Options

are comments just disappearing? i swear i posted on this thread earlier but now its just gone?

This totally just happened to me on another thread
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mellymar said:

This totally just happened to me on another thread
    cause even the comment you quoted before is just gone.
  • Options

Yes, had this happen also and can't find the one I quoted either. Way to be Bump updatersss!
  • Options

*That look* I know you're leaving tonight and coming back in a few days with something I'm not going to like.

That's hilarious!
  • Options
    AlyLynn07 said:

Yes, had this happen also and can't find the one I quoted either. Way to be Bump updatersss!
    Meeeee too. I guess the update ate our comments!
  • Options
    @JessHeppell I'm annoyed when they ask... And I'm annoyed when they don't! My hormones are out of control. I'm crazy right now.
  • Options
    A while back someone posted a comment about an app that lets you see the world as if you were looking thru baby's eyes. Anybody remember what that was called? Just curious to play with that a little
  • Options

@mellymar it's called babysee. I downloaded it in the hospital when I saw that post. So cool.

Mine doesn't work or something! All it does is show a black screeN
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member

Funny story for yall. So day 4 and LO still hadn't had his first non-meconium poop due to feeding issues. He's laying down in the pack and play and I go to pick him up and his entire back and legs/ the sheet is COVERED in poop. I'm ecstatic because poop means less bilirubin and a healthy babe. So I yell for Fi, who is downstairs answering the door because the lactation consultant just arrived for our appointment. The baby is screaming and combine that with me yelling it sets my high anxiety dog off into a fit. He jumps up, bounces off a nearby chair, and lands in the pnp. With all 4 paws in shit. I yell at him, causing him to jump back out of the pnp onto the rocking chair then the rug, leaving shitty paw prints as he goes. The lactation consultant and fi walk in to see me dangling a poopy baby yelling at a poopy dog. Luckily the lc was an angel and helped fi wash baby while I washed puppy. Ah the joys.

This made me Lol! Great description and yay for poop! This would totally be my dog's reaction as well.
  • Options
    I just got a text that my company has just had layoffs division wide. I have one name but no other info. Now my co-worker isn't responding. Freaking out a little over here...

Sorry for the dear diary, no one is texting me back!
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

I just got a text that my company has just had layoffs division wide. I have one name but no other info. Now my co-worker isn't responding. Freaking out a little over here...

Oh gosh! I would be freaking out too! I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hopefully there is nothing to worry about!

• Options
    Sammy K said:

Yikes! I'd be freaking, too! Hope all is well!
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

Eek, lay offs are terrible and so stressful. I'm sorry you have to deal with this now. Thinking of you and your coworkers
  • Options
    @serenamarr I am laughing so hard right now (and simultaneously really sorry for laughing at your stressful sitch). So glad for your poop and that people were there to help you clean up the mess! 

@sammyk hope you hear from someone soon! 

• Options
    Well, not much info but notices were already made so I should be ok. But a good friend was let go. I'm going to call my manager tomorrow to get the official scoop. Unfortunately, that probably means no merit raise this year. :(
  • Options

Dear diary,

I lost 12# of water retention in four days. I'm not bragging, because lord knows I have a longgggg way to go in terms of weight loss. It just validated how swollen I really was.

I bought a scale today for the first time in my life. Scared to take it out of the car.
  • Options
    not wanting to start my own thread for this (althought an appointment thread would be justified, just feel theres not enough of us for one anymore >.<)

but HOLY FUCK membrane sweeps hurt. so fucking uncomfortable. my poor virginia. :o3

also.. tucks pads are expensive.. $14 for 40 of them? better be magic.
  • Options
    Random question for @mellymar or any other animal aficionado. My pup is due for his topical flea and tick preventative, but I'm paranoid to put it on him and have him jump on the couch or bed and leave traces of it to later be picked up by LO. We also pet him all the time obviously. I feel like it's inevitable that the pesticide will reach lo. Am I being ridiculous here? That stuff is nasty!