January 2016 Moms
Options

Tell me your tricks!!!

I cannot fall asleep at night, I'm always so uncomfortable and I toss and turn all night long, so even when I am "sleeping" I'm restless. I finally got to sleep around 2:30am last night and had to be up at 6:30. I'm exhausted and grumpy. This has been happening the past few days and I'm miserable. I just want to sleep! Has anyone else had this problem? What are your tricks??

Re: Tell me your tricks!!!

• Options
    Unisom!!!
  • Options
    I have the same issue, I am not sure there is much you can do.  I am not a fan of taking medication unless really needed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A nice long walk or jog in the evening if you can. A warm bath an hour or two before bed. Unisom or benadryl on the bad nights. PBS shows also put me to sleep (you laugh, but I'm serious!).

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    Benedryl. Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not exactly a fan of taking any medication, usually I would but I'm kind of scared to take anything with the pregnancy.
  • Options
    Also a non-medicating type here. Dim your lights as it gets dark outside, no tv within an hour of bedtime, exercise daily, dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime.
  • Options
    I can never sleep now unless I have a pillow supporting my belly. My belly isn't even big! But everything is so so uncomfortable unless I have a pillow in front and in back to press gently on things and hold my back and belly in place. Instant comfort.
  • Options
    Chamomile tea before bed helps me rest much better!
  • Options

I can never sleep now unless I have a pillow supporting my belly. My belly isn't even big! But everything is so so uncomfortable unless I have a pillow in front and in back to press gently on things and hold my back and belly in place. Instant comfort.

This!!! This is me! I know it's only going to get worse when I'm bigger but holy hell I didn't know I could already be uncomfortable!
  • Options
    Same issue. I have to answer. Sometimes eating a piece of bread helps me or a cup of ginger tea. But it sucks. I just watch tv or read until I doze off.
  • Options
    I also use Unisom, it's a lifesaver...peaceful sleep and no morning "hangover" feeling :)
  • Options
    PILLOWS! I have has the same probal the last week. I can't explain it other than being very uncomfortable. I put a small one between my legs then one in front of my stomach and behind my back. It feels so much better. I turned in the fan though because it gets warm!

I don't know about you ladies, but I don't even use blankets anymore! I am ALWAYS warm now.
  • Options
    For me the kicker is the heat. I've been sleeping with an ice pack which seems to help.
  • Options
    roziekroziek member
    I agree with unison! Also I bought a pregnancy pillow...a snoogle! Love them both and I sleep like a baby.
  • Options
    Sex :) I have the same problem but I notice if we have a little fun before bed Im out like a light!