July 2015 Moms
Options

Transverse Lie at 36 weeks

roseecroseec member
edited June 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Over the weekend I noticed a change in the baby's position. Up until this point she has been head down, and I have been having a lot of contractions and pelvic pressure. Now it feels like she is side to side (transverse lie) ...it's very uncomfortable. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow, but I was wondering if any of you had an experience with this and what the outcome was. Thanks!

Re: Transverse Lie at 36 weeks

• Options
    NumajawaraNumajawara member
    edited June 2015
    I never had an experience with this but my aunt did... Her baby was head down and suddenly flipped out of no where back up, and she ended up with a c-section which she didn't want... I mean she still had her baby :) but just not what she planned for which was a vaginal birth

Edited to tell you that she was 40 weeks so you should probably have time for baby to go back head down
  • Options
    Yes to this! You still have time ... Due to other reasons as well as transverse we are being induced early 39 weeks but baby can still flip!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    crf4crf4 member
    Babe has been transverse for a few weeks (formerly breech) but this is my first pregnancy where babe wasn't head down the majority of the third tri. It's more uncomfortable than either of the other positions, lots of kicks to the pelvic floor and fists under my ribcage - my biggest way of knowing is that I don't have a ton of pressure "down there" and there's a big lump to the right of my belly button which is its butt - doc will probably do ultrasounds up until you give birth to see if position changes but I know I have a scheduled section (well I'd have one regardless with two priors but they might try a version for you!)
  • Options
    My baby was breech and 1 treatment at the Chiropractor flipped him!