1st Trimester
Options

first time mom freak out questions

I will be 7 weeks wednesday and I look like I am 4 months pregnant, family members including my mom have committed on the fact that I have blown up so fast, they are also saying that I am pregnant with twins because I have gotten so big so fast. & it is not just my tummy, my arms and face and expanded as well.
I am concerned that maybe I was wrong on the date of conception so I am really farther along that I think I am how would I figure this out?
or is it common to get bloated this much, to where you look like you are much much father along than you truly are?
or that if I am pregnant with twins, would I show this soon? I do have twins in my family and so does the father. 
please help me I am freaking out and my first prenatal appointment is not until the 17th where I will be 9weeks 2days. I just want what is best for the baby (or babies..?)  
Thank you in advance for any information or support. ! 

Re: first time mom freak out questions

• Options
    I'm a first time mom too so I don't really know for sure, but I got pretty bloated too, not to the point where people think I'm further along than I am, but defo enough to make my pants feel tight and uncomfortable. I didn't actually gain any weight on the scale yet, but like I said, my cloths are uncomfortable.

If it is bloat, drinking lots of water, eating lots of fiber and eating smaller meals more frequently and cutting back on the foods that make you really gassy( like beans lol) should help reduce it a little! Maybe you should weigh yourself and see if you gained a lot of weight on the scale, if you didn't then you could be mostly bloated!

Maybe you could also ask to get moved to an earlier appointment if possible for ease of mind?
    Did you use a due date calculator to find our how far along you are?

• Options
    yeah I according to that I will be due February 17th and everything I am right on track with so I am going to try and do what you said and eat a lot more fiber and such. Thank you so much !

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mousie93Mousie93 member
    edited June 2015
    I'm insanely bloated and have been since week 6. A good way to tell if your belly is bloat is to have a look at yourself in the mirror on the morning, you'll most likely look like your normal self. As for chances of twins, your family history suggests it could be higher than average (if your family history is for identical, I'm not sure about the same for non-identical twins - I don't think their prevalence is as highly genetic) but your ultrasound will easily show what's going on. Most people pregnant with twins notice an increase in pregnancy symptoms compared to single pregnancies and they tend to last longer, I.e. Morning sickness. Have you had any yet? If this is your first baby this might be difficult as you've got nothing to compare it to. My symptoms were severe, especially nausea and vomiting, but I've only got one cooking away in there XD

Good luck, and try hot water with a slice of lemon for the bloat. It works wonders and is really good for you. Also if you haven't done so already i really recommend getting what to expect when you're expecting, so cliche but it really is a wonderful, reassuring book, and great for first time mums :)
  • Options
    It's just bloat. At this stage, it's very common to look bigger than you are just due to your bowels moving around. I looked huge with my first two right away, but by 12 weeks, I shrunk down to normal with just a tiny hint of belly. Drink lots of water.
  • Options
    Mousie93 said:

As for chances of twins, your family history suggests it could be higher than average (if your family history is for identical, I'm not sure about the same for non-identical twins - I don't think their prevalence is as highly genetic) but your ultrasound will easily show what's going on.

Fraternal (non-identical) can "run" in families because it is due to multiple ovulation.

Identical twins happen when a fertilized egg/embryo fully splits while the cells are dividing. Not at all due to the mother's genetics.
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    First time mom here too! I'll hit week 8 this Wednesday and my bloating comes and goes now depending on what I eat or how long I wait to eat. For weeks 5&6 I was super bloated looking 4 months pregnant, but as the ladies above suggested drink lots of water. Lots! And I also make sure to include greens and almonds (some kind of nuts) into my diet for some much needed fiber. I'm sure it'll go down soon. I'm looking back to normal now lol with tiny blueberry baby inside. :)
  • Options
    PumpkinTi said:

Mousie93 said:

As for chances of twins, your family history suggests it could be higher than average (if your family history is for identical, I'm not sure about the same for non-identical twins - I don't think their prevalence is as highly genetic) but your ultrasound will easily show what's going on.

Fraternal (non-identical) can "run" in families because it is due to multiple ovulation.

Identical twins happen when a fertilized egg/embryo fully splits while the cells are dividing. Not at all due to the mother's genetics.
    Ah I think I got mixed up! Thanks :)

• Options

Girl, I am going through the same thing!! My next appointment isn't until July 27th. I went to a pregnancy clinic where they give free sonograms when I was 6 weeks. She let me record the sonogram with my phone... I was watching it one night and noticed that there was another little flutter going at the same speed if not a little faster than the main babies heart beat that she was showing me. I am showing so much and feel extremely bloated all the time. Right after I eat something I swear I get 3x bigger than I am when I am waking up in the morning. I'm 8 weeks on Thursday and I just feel like I'm showing way more than I am supposed too. Well, I know I am. Don't feel bad though. There is no way to tell until you go to your appointment. I am so jelly that yours is sooner than mine!!! I am praying for twins for you girl!! My Mom has been wanting twins foreverrrrr... and now that I get this surprise of a pregnancy I think God (at least I hope) has granted me my Mom's wishes. Please keep us posted on how your appointment goes!! I would love to hear if you have beautiful twinsies in there!!:)

-Vee

• Options
    awe you are by far the nicest person I have met on here ! I hope you get the amazing new of twinsies on the 27th ! I'll pray that god grates you your wishes ! thank you so much for the nice and caring words, that I am not going through this alone ! and I thought being 9weeks 2days was a wait, I cannot even image waiting another 10 days after that! girl you have some strong will power I would be like walking in there saying you need one today ! haha I pray for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you and your bab(ies) ! 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I am currently 7 weeks and appear bloated. While I have not gained any weight according to the scale, my pants are getting tighter and uncomfortable. You are probably bloated, which is completely normal at this point. I wouldn't focus on whether or not it's twins or a singleton for it doesn't really matter. I'd just hope for a healthily growing baby for your first appointment. No need to hope for anything else, because singletons should be just as loved.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hate to be a damper but not possible to to showing that early : ( it will be bloat. Drink more water and try and up fibre intake?
  • Options
    PumpkinTi said:
    Fraternal (non-identical) can "run" in families because it is due to multiple ovulation. Identical twins happen when a fertilized egg/embryo fully splits while the cells are dividing. Not at all due to the mother's genetics.
    This. Also, if there are (fraternal) twins in your family, the odds are higher indeed. But twins in the fathers family don't play a role in this, since fraternal twins are all about ovulation. It has nothing to do with sperm.

BFP #1: Nov. '12 - Bunny born in July '13
    BFP #2: July '15 - Goodbye, Kitty

Benched.