Attachment Parenting
Options

Relocated time for change

We have bed shared for over 2 1/2 years with lo. We have sinced moved back to our home country, I started working part time I know it's time to get lo out of our bed, cause frankly it's getting too crowded. Lo has a new room and bed and takes her afternoon nap in her room and plays durning the day. But I can't get her to sleep the night in her own bed. Does anyone have suggestions to make this process a bit easier but not to stressful for any of us. We have also tried having her bed next to us and such but it didn't last too long at all.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Relocated time for change

• Options
    Does she start off the night in her own bed or yours?

With both of mine I started by starting them off in their bed, and just accepting they would come and get in my bed at some point. Then when I/we were ready for them to sleep through in their own bed, I would just walk them back to their own bed when they came and got into mine.

It's a slower process then other options like CIO or similar, but it's what works for us.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I lay with my son to sleep at night in his bed (he has a queen) and sometimes he wakes and comes and gets me and I lay with him again. Hopefully that will end when he night weans, which I am hoping to do soon (he's 2.5 too)