February 2016 Moms
Options

well, we told them...(warning: venting)

I didn't want to tell anyone until my 8 week appointment but DH's face tells it all and when I didn't drink at a cookout last weekend, his mom cornered him and flat out asked him...so naturally we had to tell my parents too, who were equally as thrilled! In a way, I'm glad I have my mom to talk to about things because this is our first pregnancy, but I reeeally didn't want the in/laws to know yet (and neither did DH, but like I said, his face tells all)....just venting...

Re: well, we told them...(warning: venting)

• Options
    So I guess DH isn't much of a poker player? :) Sorry you had to tell before you were ready. At least they sounded happy for you. So many stories here of relatives that are openly not happy with the news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bbax44bbax44 member
    I too had to tell my mom before I wanted to, not such a thrilling response from my less than supportive mom. Glad everything worked out good for you in having to tell early!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Venting why? Your DH didn't have to say to his mum you were pregnant. He could have made something up. Like you were on antibiotics or something. You didn't have to tell your parents either you chose to.
  • Options
    Same thing happened with us! I'm not comfortable with lying to our parents, so when his stepmom flat out asked, DH was silent. His face said it all.
  • Options
    Ivyblue92 said:

Venting why? Your DH didn't have to say to his mum you were pregnant. He could have made something up. Like you were on antibiotics or something. You didn't have to tell your parents either you chose to.

Maybe she's venting because her husband could have fibbed, but decided not to? And maybe she could have waited to tell her parents, but they would have been upset that the other family knew long before??? Heaven forbid she have a different outlook on things than a random internet stranger...
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We aren't comfortable lying or withholding the truth--we knew they'd all be supportive and happy, and we were right--I was just bummed because I really wanted to tell them about their first grandchild when I knew he/she was healthy and had a little u/s pic to show them...I felt like my bubble was burst and I just wanted to vent to other moms about it! I appreciate everyone's input just the same.
  • Options

Ivyblue92 said:

Maybe she's venting because her husband could have fibbed, but decided not to? And maybe she could have waited to tell her parents, but they would have been upset that the other family knew long before??? Heaven forbid she have a different outlook on things than a random internet stranger...
    No need to get your knickers in a twist. I was only asking. Never once said she couldn't have a different outlook on things.
  • Options
    cantobean said:

Same thing happened with us! I'm not comfortable with lying to our parents, so when his stepmom flat out asked, DH was silent. His face said it all.

We will lie.... Actually this weekend dhs family is coming to go to a Winery I invited them to 3 months ago. Naturally they choose NOW to accept. Anyways my bff is coming with JUST to set her glass next to mine and drink mine too.
    We will lie until mid August when I'm 12 weeks
  • Options
    MissesSJ said:

We aren't comfortable lying or withholding the truth--we knew they'd all be supportive and happy, and we were right--I was just bummed because I really wanted to tell them about their first grandchild when I knew he/she was healthy and had a little u/s pic to show them...I felt like my bubble was burst and I just wanted to vent to other moms about it! I appreciate everyone's input just the same.

Now I understand the reason for your vent. I was just a bit confused as to why and this has clarified it.
    Understandable you'd be bummed think I would be to. I understand that want to know your lil bean is healthy before you start telling people that's natural. My apologies to you if I came across harsh.
  • Options
    I'd be pissed!
    As a loss mom with each mc occurring in first tri, I'm thankful that DH understands the importance of holding off on announcing because that is the single most painful statement to retract.
  • Options
    ash413ash413 member
    I totally understand. We didn't tell parents about this pregnancy until 8 weeks, which by then we had 2 good u/s. We did not tell anyone else until 15 weeks.
    My DH lied to his mom about the pregnancy prior to our first appointment, because we have had 2 first tri mc, and agree we don't tell anyone till we are ready.
  • Options
    We kept this pregnancy to ourselves till around 12wks as we had a first trimester mc before I fell with this little lady. So I do understand the want to keep things on the low down.
  • Options
    @ash413 and @Ivyblue92 are you due in Feb 2016 and that far along already? Or are you some of those that left the January group to find a better group?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker