February 2015 Moms

Pregnant...

...again.

We got pregnant with J on fertility meds and an IUI (#3).  He was born 6 weeks early at the end of December.  We knew that in theory we should be able to get pregnant again on our own eventually.  But eventually happened a lot sooner than we expected.  It's very early, but my first beta looked good.  I'll get the results from the second one tomorrow.

I'm excited but also a little freaked out.  If this baby makes it to term, they will be 14 months apart.  Eeks! 

Anyone else have babies super close? 

Re: Pregnant...

• yep...mine are 12 months 6 days apart. It's really super hard in the beginning, but it's gotten tremendously easier. All I can say is make sure your older one is on a very reliable and somewhat strict schedule when the new baby comes. It will make his/her life much easier and give them comfort. My daughter hardly noticed the new baby and her routine was never upset during the transition. Good luck!
  • My boys are 16 months apart. The beginning is tough but I agree try not to interrupt the older ones schedule. They will learn to adjust to having a new baby. One of the biggest mistakes we made was letting my in laws take the older one on weekends because they wanted to help out but it made things worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • CatyPCatyP member
    I don't have experience with this personally, but my sister and I are 14 months apart. I loved it growing up because we were super close and liked a lot of the same things since we were so close in age. Congrats!
  • My first two are 12 months 3 weeks apart. It was a little tough at first, but I absolutely love it now that they are 4 & 3! They are best friends! Congratulations and best wishes!
  • I just found out that I'm pregnant again and mine will be just shy of 14 months apart. I'm super excited but also slightly nervous of comments from the peanut gallery...
  • I just found I'm pregnant too. Sweating bullets right now, but we all will be just fine.

• Just found out we're pregnant with #3. Oldest dd is 6 yo and youngest (for now) is 4 mo. Freaking out for now but trying to remember how much fun my sister and I had growing up (we're 14 months apart). Yay Irish twins!
  • dees14dees14 member
    Mine are 11 months apart. My oldest is actually my foster daughter but I've had her since she was born. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She was too young to be jealous of the new baby. She still mostly just ignores her. It's hard at first to leave the house with two babies, but you figure it out! Congrats btw :)
  • With me the first was and ivf baby that took seven years to get and now we are blessed with a natural baby. We can't be happer but they will be 11 1/2 months apart. With the doctors tell me the only way to keep me and baby safe is a c section.