3rd Trimester

Constant crying

we moved to a new city a month before we became pregnant, my husband works a lot and is tired when he comes home, I'm throwing my own baby shower and now only 6 people are coming, mostly guys mostly my husbands friends, I just feel really alone and don't know how to snap out of it as this should be a really happy time no? Any advice on how to be dependent on yourself appreciated...

Re: Constant crying

• I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.  I've been crying a lot.  I blame it on the hormones.  Seriously.  I am not usually a cryer.

How far away is your new city from your friends and family?  Is there any way you can arrange a time to have lunch with them, meet them halfway?  If not, try phone calls or social media to keep in touch.  Can you google new moms groups in your area?  Meetup has been a good resource for me, though I have to admit that I haven't yet attended an event.  

Are your husband's friends married?  If so, any chance of connecting with the wives?

I have been in my new state for eight years.  Only six people came to my baby shower, and one was my sister and one my future SIL.  It was still very nice and fun.  

I, too, feel alone sometimes.  My fiance' travels a lot for work.  I am 43 and most of my friends have had their children already.  Don't be afraid to reach out to people for support.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker