1st Trimester
Options

Abdomen pain

I'm been having some abdomen pain and tenderness and wondering if that is normal. This is my first pregnancy and I'm quite uncomfortable

Re: Abdomen pain

• Options
    Always discuss any issues or complications with pain to your doctor as a precaution, but as a general norm, yes you will feel some discomfort, cramping and pinching sensations as your uterus grows, ligaments stretch to make room for the growing uterus, your pelvis adjusting to cater to the new life inside, et cetera. There's a lot going on in there, haha. Some equate the feeling to fairly annoying menstrual cramps or constipation pain. 

Again, always let your doctor know, but unless the pain is rather severe, in your lower back, or secular to one side or is accompanied by heavy bleeding (heavy enough to soak a pad within a close period of time) you should be okay. I am pregnant with my third and the cramping has been rather annoying and enough to make me want to sit down or lie down for a minute or two. You're not alone! :)

Some acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help alleviate some of the pain.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks and 5 days. For the last 2 weeks I've had terrible cramps. My obgyn assured me everything is fine. My body is adjusting for the baby.

I've found that drinking warm tea or warm water with lemon and honey helps alot. Also a warm bath or tylenol. By far drinking warm liquids has helped the most.