February 2016 Moms
Options

Baking Soda Gender Test

So my sister and I are both pregnant and decided it would be fun to do the baking soda gender test. We know it's an old wives tale but who cares. The results were crazy because her test was flat as a board and mine fizzed like crazy! Definitely a large difference. So if the results are right I would be having a boy and she would be having a girl! Can't wait to see if the results are correct!!!

Re: Baking Soda Gender Test

• Options
    What do you do?
  • Options
    I think this kind of stuff is so fun!
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neat. I have never done this test but all the other "old Wives tales" that we have done with our first 2 said we were having girls… Both were boys. The family even had dreams that our littlest was a girl, he was a boy. Oh boy is he all boy. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Did we learn how to do the test?
  • Options
    @Charles&Jahmeelah I think you just take baking soda, sprinkle it in the toilet and pee on it? It it fizzes its a boy and nothing if its girl? At least thats what I gathered from the OP comments. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    je5sc0je5sc0 member
    That's cool! Both of my sister in laws are pregnant and know the sex so I'm going to see if they'll do it!
  • Options
    We put two teaspoons of baking soda in a cup and poured our urine into it... Not too much just 1/4 or 1/3 cup or so. I wish I could attach the video!
  • Options
    I ended up getting a snap from the video... Mine is the fizzy one. It ended up doing it even more after the video. My sister tried to shake hers and still nothing!
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    I tried this with my first. It was wrong but something fun to try
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did all the wives tales with my last one cause we were team green and I was curious. Nearly everything came out girl and we have a boy! We're team green again and I'll probably keep track of them again just because it was fun, but don't put too much stock into it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lmao at these gifs

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• Options
    OMG this whole thread has me laughing  hysterically!!! Glad I'm home alone....
  • Options
    moomeemoomee member
    That's nice.
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have also tried this. Mine bubbled, but stopped. But it did not fizz. My sister said she tried this when she was pregnant with her daughter and it did nothing. So in her case it was true.