May 2015 Moms
Options

Is this common?

Does anyone else's baby grunt and squeak all night while sleeping? My LO keeps me awake all night because she refuses to let me swaddle her anymore. That stopped about 4 weeks, she would kick and flail right out of the swaddle. Now she is constantly squirming and grunting all night. Any thoughts?

Re: Is this common?

• Options
    Sounds like gas from something you're eating. My LO did this for a few days. Could also be caffeine? Try a halo sleep sack. This will allow baby to still kick feet but the tight swaddled feel around belly and arms. Help my LO!
  • Options
    Thanks I will try that. How do I figure out what is causing the gas. She does have a lot of gas. I eat a lot of whole grains and fruits and veggies so who knows what is causing it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ufg8rgurl said:

Does anyone else's baby grunt and squeak all night while sleeping? My LO keeps me awake all night because she refuses to let me swaddle her anymore. That stopped about 4 weeks, she would kick and flail right out of the swaddle. Now she is constantly squirming and grunting all night. Any thoughts?

Mine has done thid from day one. Seems to be less and less lately though. Friend of mine has 3 week old and complained of same thing
  • Options
    I eat a lot of who grains, fruits & veggies too. You have to be careful with some veggies but all babies are different. It is common for babies to be gassy at night. Just keep an eye on what your eating! Here is a good guide: https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/gassybaby/
  • Options
    Mine does the same thing in the am and it's gas. I bought gas drops but he is asleep or goes back to sleep between squeals. So I'm always not sure if I want to wake him or let him sleep to give the drops
  • Options
    My baby starts grunting around 530-7 but sleeps through it. I don't know what to do about it. I usually take her to her room at that time so she can grunt away!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine does that too though not allll night, just a few hours. My first did too and I couln't sleep a wink, now it takes a bit but I can sleep through her non-cries. Heck now I can even sleep while nursing.
  • Options
    My LO was like that when we would have his sleep in his cradle or the pack n play.  Recently we purchased a Rock N Play to help with his reflux issue, plus we found he loved to sleep in his swing (which I hate to have him do...especially at night!) and he is usually very still and quiet in it, plus he sleeps longer!
  • Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    When my baby does that she either needs to burp or pass gas or poop, i carry her and try to burp her although it's usually unsuccessful when she's asleep but she usually wakes up if it's a big burp

People kept telling me that my baby has gas because of stuff i'm eating, i ate cabbage, corn and black beans, on different days and monitored her for 48 hours and she was fine, i can't think of grassier food than these!

I think it's just about them learning to deal with gas, mine is a lot better with burping than she used to be and she is getting better with passing gas, i think there room for improvement there though and i hope she gets there soon, my LO is 7 weeks btw, so give it time

You're lucky your LO just grunts while sleeping, mine stays up all night and screams if she has gas
  • Options
    Mine does this too but he's formula fed-- so I'm not sure how much is what moms eating and how much is just a naturally gassy baby