Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

SO -support related

What do you do when your SO just doesn't understand. He was great for the first couple days. But after that his attitude pretty much said move on. I need some sort of support but not sure how to make him understand that.

Re: SO -support related

• I have sent mine some articles on how to support someone through a loss/helping partners to understand/men and miscarriage. Now whether he reads them is another thing all together. Otherwise have you tried sitting down and talking to him about how your are feeling?

I might make sure my husband reads the articles today. I feel like if he reads other people's story he will have a better understanding of the multiple ways people grieve. We haven't told anyone what is happening. At the moment he has only been exposed to his own grief and mine, hence the lack of understanding.

• I really hope the ladies on here don't mind, but I sent my DH links to a couple short husband/SO threads on here, plus "the worst thing anyone said to you" thread.

At least knowing exactly what he shouldn't say prevents him from making anything worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • WLJ2WLJ2 member
    @Meg0810 yes, I have tried sitting down and talking to him. And then things were good for a couple days. After that they were back to the way they started. I end up breaking down, losing it! And then we talk again and he is good for a day or two. I will try finding some good articles and send then to him.
  • Men are "fixers". They want something they can fix. I asked my DH to pick out a memorial tree. It was something he could do with little chance of messing up.