Multiples

Registering for twins

There are so many lists online about what to get two of or one of.....anyone know of a really good list to follow? Wanna make sure i get all the right stuff. Thanks!

Re: Registering for twins

• rue:Drue:D member
    All the lists I've looked at say so many different things! Honestly I just started looking at singleton lists and doubling most of it.
  • I was given one for twins at Babies R Us that was pretty decent. Haven't looked but you may be able to find it online. One addition....burp cloths. Many many many burp cloths. Calculate as many as you think you will need. Then double it. Then add 5 packs lol
  • Loading the player...
  • There are so many lists out there! I found a zillion on Pinterest!

Things I was glad I had multiples of:

Bottles and nipple sizes! ( my twins weren't able to latch)
    Diaper cream
    Onesies
    Sleep sacks
    Socks omg!!!
    2 bottle warmers
    2 cribs
    2 bumbo seats
    2 boppy pillows
    Double baby monitor set
    Double stroller
    Burp cloths

Things I had one of and it was ok:
    Swing (if I had a huge house I might've gotten two, but they grow out of them so fast, we just alternated between that and the rock n play)
    Rock 'n' play
    Play mat
    Jumper
    Walker (if I had a bigger house I'd get another)
    Bath tub
    Diaper pail
    Hamper

Things I wish I would have registered for/bought

A Twingeroo or some other double carrier (didn't know existed. I never used my ergo)

A double boppy pillow of some kind (drawing a blank on what they are called, but it does exist!)

• The only things we had double of were: Rock-n-plays, carriers, carseats, highchairs and a double stroller. Everything else we just had the single things left over from my daughter and it worked out great. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • The only things we had double of were: Rock-n-plays, carriers, carseats, highchairs and a double stroller. Everything else we just had the single things left over from my daughter and it worked out great. 

@hayleydeee
    How old was your daughter when you gave birth?
    @hayleydeee How old was your daughter when you gave birth?
    She was almost exactly 3 when I had the twins.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I have a 3 year old ds and 11 week old twin girls. I guess this is what's worked for us.

2 of each:
    *Swings (they get fussy and sometimes this is the only way they'll sleep. I'd be lost with only one.)
    *Rock n plays (they nap in them if they aren't in their swings. Also, they're super portable for traveling.)
    *Bassinets (bedroom is upstairs, everything else on lower level. Didn't want to keep taking rock n plays up and down stairs.)
    *Car seats (bought one new, used ds' old one)
    *Cribs
    *Highchairs
    *Bottles
    *Clothing
    *Diapers
    *Pacifiers

Stuff I just got one of or are using from ds:
    *Jumperoo
    *Excersaucer
    *Baby bath
    *Hamper
    *Bottle warmer
    *Diaper genie
    *Wipe warmer
    *Double stroller
    *Twin Z pillow (These are spendy, but well worth the money. If you bottle feed, you prop the twins in there and feed them together. You can use it for breastfeeding, but only in football hold. They can do tummy time in there, as well as sitting in it like a bumbo seat.)
    *My brest friend twin nursing pillow. (Love this one for breastfeeding my twins. It has a back support for comfort, but a full panel in front for any hold. Also great for support if you're holding both twins at once. They sit on that and don't slide down your lap.)

That's the majors I can think of that are good for me at this moment. Hope it helps. And if you think you'd only use one swing or something, start with one. You can always purchase more if you decide you need an extra.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a 3 year old ds and 11 week old twin girls. I guess this is what's worked for us.

2 of each:
    *Swings (they get fussy and sometimes this is the only way they'll sleep. I'd be lost with only one.)
    *Rock n plays (they nap in them if they aren't in their swings. Also, they're super portable for traveling.)
    *Bassinets (bedroom is upstairs, everything else on lower level. Didn't want to keep taking rock n plays up and down stairs.)
    *Cribs
    *Highchairs
    *Bottles
    *Clothing
    *Diapers
    *Pacifiers

*Jumperoo
    *Excersaucer
    *Baby bath
    *Hamper
    *Bottle warmer
    *Diaper genie
    *Wipe warmer
    *Double stroller
    *Twin Z pillow (These are spendy, but well worth the money. If you bottle feed, you prop the twins in there and feed them together. You can use it for breastfeeding, but only in football hold. They can do tummy time in there, as well as sitting in it like a bumbo seat.)
    *My brest friend twin nursing pillow. (Love this one for breastfeeding my twins. It has a back support for comfort, but a full panel in front for any hold. Also great for support if you're holding both twins at once. They sit on that and don't slide down your lap.)

That's the majors I can think of that are good for me at this moment. Hope it helps. And if you think you'd only use one swing or something, start with one. You can always purchase more if you decide you need an extra.

At what age did you put them each in their own cribs? Our nursery (& house in general) is super small so we are trying to conserve space. We are thinking about only setting up one crib for the time being as I'm assuming they will sleep together for a few months. This way, we will have room for the glider for the first few months. Any thoughts on this?

DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • blsav23 said:

I have a 3 year old ds and 11 week old twin girls. I guess this is what's worked for us.

2 of each:
    *Cribs
    *Highchairs
    *Bottles
    *Clothing
    *Diapers
    *Pacifiers

*Jumperoo
    *Excersaucer
    *Baby bath
    *Hamper
    *Bottle warmer
    *Diaper genie
    *Wipe warmer
    *Double stroller

At what age did you put them each in their own cribs? Our nursery (& house in general) is super small so we are trying to conserve space. We are thinking about only setting up one crib for the time being as I'm assuming they will sleep together for a few months. This way, we will have room for the glider for the first few months. Any thoughts on this?

As of now we have one crib together. They are only 11 weeks, so they're still in their bassinets in our room. They say when they start moving around and rolling they are supposed to be in separate cribs due to risk of laying on each other.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We were able to have them share a pack n play in our room until 3 months & they got their own cribs in their own room then. It worked out great because that is when they also started sleeping longer stretches at night.
  • You don't need doubles of as much of what you would think. I chose to not have swings or rock n plays but I did have a bassinet but just 1 they shared until they got to big to both fit which is when I let them share the crib. Now they are moving to much (15 weeks) and I have had to separate them so we have both cribs set up. I have chosen to get 2 exersaucers but different kinds so the girls can have different stimulation. As far as necessitates like diaper and bottles and creams and clothes I would say double everything. We go through clothes like crazy here. About 14-20 diapers a day haha. I nurse at home but when they go to my sisters while I'm at work or school I send them with pre made bottles and I send for a full day of work which is 10 hours I send 4 bottles each and an extra bottle for each(just in case she spills or baby goes through a spurt) so I have about 15 bottles. I wouldn't get to crazy buying things double until you know what works for yall and then go and make an extra purchase of you decide you need 2.