2nd Trimester
Options

First Estimated Due Date WAY off!

Did anyone else have an EDD that was way off from expected? My hubby and I were TTC for only one week so that we would know when to expect baby; should be the week between Christmas and New Years. After my 12 week ultrasound, we were given a December 1st due date! I have just been chalking it up to a tall baby (I am 5'10" and hubby is 6'3). Is I common for the estimate to be so far off? The ultrasound tech was obviously not concerned since she didn't book me in again until the end of August for our anatomy scan. Hopefully the date we get then will be more accurate!

Re: First Estimated Due Date WAY off!

• Options
    Mine wasn't that far off but my date has changed 4 times ! Firstly it was the 31st of December (judging by period), then changed to the 28th of December (dating scan), then the 26th December, and during the same scan they've decided that I'm due Christmas day ! Bloody confusing but everything's ok so I'm happy. At least you don't have to wait so long to meet your little one :) x
  • Options
    An earlier scan is going to be the most accurate for dating, so I would not expect the date to move further back. Is it possible that you ovulated earlier than usual?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you sure you understood correctly?  If you're due the first of December and you're anatomy scan isn't scheduled until the END of August, that would put you at 26-27 weeks.  Anatomy scans are done at 18-22 weeks.