2nd Trimester
Options

Problems with singing!

I know this is a really random question, but I'm hoping to see if there are any other singers out there with this problem.

I'm in my second trimester (although this problem started in my first trimester), and I'm also a classical singer. Has anyone else noticed decrease in vocal range, decreased vocal control, and shortness of breath while singing? The shortness of breath, I can understand, but I feel like my voice has almost changed altogether in other areas. It's definitely not as smooth or controlled as it used to be. I read somewhere that pregnancy hormones can change your voice, but I'm not seeing a clear answer anywhere. 

Hopefully it's something that will go back to normal, since I have to use my singing voice for my job~

Re: Problems with singing!

• Options
    Yes! I noticed a range decrease. I have lost a lot of control in terms of singing softly. My tone quality is also slightly breathy. This is an issue I've never had before, even as a young singer I was not breathy. I'm really hoping it is pregnancy related and will go away, I also use my vice for work.
  • Options
    I feel it's all do to the restriction of respitory space. Your diaphragm is restricted and is the source of your air control; therefore, changing your ability to keep air and power behind your notes. Look at it as a new challenge, and a reminder to not take your gift for granted!