2nd Trimester
Options

Migraine

This migraine wont go away. I have tried Tylenol, drinking lots of water, sleeping it off, a little bit of caffeine because i use to drink it a lot, and just everything normal to tey to get rid of it. The doctor say they won't do anything since I have migraines before pregnancy. I don't know what to do....

Re: Migraine

• Options
    Take some vitamin B and Magnesium. Then try to sleep. I know this isn't super helpful but it will break at some point. 

will your doctor give you prescription strength tylenol?
  • Options
    I get migraines too! I find getting a warm washcloth and putting on my forehead over my eyes really helps. It is the best when it turns cool. I usually end up falling asleep and it goes away. I find a Gatorade and eating more helps as well although I never want to eat when I have one, it does help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having bad headaches and my Dr said try Claritin and it helped a lot.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to put cause it might be sinus headaches.
  • Options
    I like to use peppermint oil (mixed with a carrier oil--I use sweet almond oil) applied to my temples and wrists, which helps to make my head feel a bit clearer and alleviates nausea associated with migraine. Lavender has a calming effect and although it's never caused a migraine to dissipate, it does seem to help soothe me. Adding a few drops of an essential oil to a bowl of steaming water is nice as the smells and steam can make self massaging your temples/scalp a bit more relaxing. This site: https://modernalternativepregnancy.com/2013/02/16/what-essential-oils-should-i-avoid-in-pregnancy-and-weekend-links/# has some good info, but please check with your care provider if you're unsure.

I was on a daily preventative as well as an as-needed Rx for migraines, both of which I had to give up when we began TTC. Since getting pregnant I've been blessed with fewer severe headaches (pregnancy seems to agree with me---I didn't have any that I can recall during my first pregnancy), but these seem to help.

Also, this may be a little fruity to some folks, but I've found some videos on youtube helpful for relaxation and white noise (sound sensitivity is such a pain--on one hand, you don't want to hear ANYTHING but on the other, you need something to drown out odd, everyday noises). Try searching for "relaxation hyposis" or ASMR. ASMR actually refers to a specific pleasant sensation some people experience when hearing certain sounds, like typing, paper/pages turning or tearing, gentle tapping, or whispering/soft spoken words. Not everyone's cup of tea, but worth a look.

I hope you find relief! Be gentle on yourself, and maybe ask your partner for a scalp/neck/whatever massage to help?
  • Options
    I've been getting them since I was 11 (now 30). I've had three in the last week that required ER visit because my every 15 minute vomiting was occurring for hours....as usual :(
    The only thing that has worked so far this pregnancy is Phenergan and Fioricet. It did not "get rid of it, but the ER doctor finally let me go home.
    I literally....and I do mean literally....have tried every med alternative out there and nearly every used for migraines. Usually it's Phenergan and Nubain or Demerol but those are a little hard core for pregnancy.
    Hasn't worked for me but stay super hydrated, use cold compasses, stay out of prolonged sunlight, and keep you blood sugar stable.